Q.

How can a married women marry again when her husband's where abouts are not known for 10 years? If suppose, after re-marriage, the first husband returned to her. Then with whom she has to live and who will become the legal husband?

Asked by mohd yousuf, 22 Apr '09 02:01 pm

1.

Dear Yousuf, I am here writing about Muslim Personal Law in India. to your referring to a Muslim women. If a women\'s husband is way from her for more then three years and even he never sent money or ornaments or eating things like wheat rice Etc. then she can apply a for nullifying the present nikha with Quazi. The Quazi will investigate write three letters one by one to the address provided to him if any reply then he consider that he is alive and case may proceed why he is not sending the daily hood to the family (Naf-nuksa) then Quazi will take decision in nullifying the Nikha.

After nullification of present Nikah she is free to marry another man after 40 days of iddat (Even thou she was alone for quite a long time should wait for 40 days to discover any pregnancy Even the women is alone so time may be in contact with some one by willingly or unwillingly) So after the Iddat of 40 days she is free to get marry another one. If her first husband returns back then legally and morall ...more
Answered by Ali Mohammad sheikh, 22 Apr '09 04:37 pm

(3)
 (0)
2.

Already received an excellent answer
Answered by jameel ahmed, 23 Apr '09 06:09 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

After 7 years of dispaaering of the husband, the woman can apply for dissolution of marraige. Apply for this and then get re-married. After 7 years of disapperance, he is considered dead
Answered by Lakshmi Rajesh, 22 Apr '09 04:06 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

I think legally a married woman can marry another person if her husband has been missing since seven years.However if after her second marriage her former husband returns,I think socially & morally it would be better to remain with her new husband.I do not know about the legal aspect.
Answered by HEMANT MEHTA, 22 Apr '09 02:05 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

She can apply for dissolution of marriage if the where abouts of her husband are not known and then marry. We recently have read news of a young women marrying ten times within a span of 3-4 years to dupe people.
Answered by manoj thakur, 22 Apr '09 02:05 pm

(2)
 (0)
6.

It is a very complicated question, whcih I do not think I am qualified to answer that easily.
Answered by rajnikant raiyarela, 22 Apr '09 02:02 pm

(2)
 (0)