Q.

YASH CHOPRA...! Hi , Yashji a Legend .... a wonderful film maker ,made romantic movies , stories of unconditional love, entertaing people for years .The movie which he directed are : Deewar...Silsila....Daag.....Thrishul...kabhi kabhi...Chandini...Darr...Veer Zara......Dil to Pagal he....Mashal...Faasle .....Lamhein ..and the last one... Jab tak he jaan....Did you like his movies . If so ,Which one you liked and do remember among the all ?

Tags: relationships, entertainment, hi
Asked by Rachana, 13 Nov '12 01:07 pm

1.

Silsila !!
Answered by joyesh chakraborty, 13 Nov '12 01:09 pm

(1)
 (0)

2.

Even when telling ordinary stories of men and women caught in love triangles, suffering unrequited passion or living misunderstood lives, a Yash Chopra film always made it larger than life. Life was portrayed in the superlative. Dreams were in picture postcard locales, love was poetry, passion electric and chemistry-searing. The hero unerringly endearing, the villain unforgivably black. The heroine unquestionably beautiful, mostly in chiffons. The early films from the Yash Raj banner met with immediate success starting with 'Daag', that had all the usual suspects love, betrayal, murder and a second coming. Then came Yash Chopra's landmark achievement, the invention of India's 'angry young man' and its' corollary, the discovery of Amitabh Bachchan. A feat sufficient to get any director a place in the hall fame. Yash Chopra was also a kingmaker of sorts in Bollywood. 'Waqt' which became a hit and set the trend for 'lost and found' films. Despite 'Deewar's' enormous success, Yash Chopra ...more
Answered by Dil Se, 13 Nov '12 05:19 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Although all his films were great but the one which I liked most was Kabhi Kabhi. You may hardly find any one who does not like his movies,,,? I have my own personal feelings to like Kabhi Kabhi n then Silsila.
Answered by Devdas, 15 Nov '12 12:37 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

The reason why his movies clicked is for a simple reason that it tugged at the heart of the audience in some way or other by the story line as well as his ability to bring out the best in the actors who portrayed the various characters.

My all time favourite would always remain "Deewar", the real 'make over' movie of Amitabh as the angry young man. Even thirty six years after I first saw the movie, I still don't mind seeing it when ever it is shown on TV. Silsila only floundered because of the ending, may be because at that time Indian audience was still not ready for a different outcome. Thrishul, again had its beautiful moments. Veer Zara was kind of 'made for SRK' movie. The last one, I have the tickets booked for tomorrow. Want to see it without reading any reviews and I am sure, with SRK in a role that suits him best, won't be a disappointment -:))
Answered by Omega, 13 Nov '12 04:08 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Chandni and Kabhi Kabhi
Answered by Burjor Tarachand, 13 Nov '12 02:29 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Dil to pagal hai...
Answered by sharfaziz, 13 Nov '12 01:55 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

For me kabhi kabhi and silsila stand out from the rest But his best work till date is dhool ka phool which u have not mentioned here may be you are not even aware that he directed that movie
you have also not mentioned his great movie WAQT
and there is no question of NOT LIKING his movies
Answered by rajan, 13 Nov '12 01:43 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

I liked most of Yashji's movies, but then the movie that has had the biggest impact has to be Deewar. Trishul and Kaala Pathar were also very good. Then there is another movie directed by Yashji which will remain a suspense classic is Itefaaq starring Rajesh Khanna and Nanda and has no songs.
Now you will be shocked that I have not picked up any of his romantic movies as my favorites. Not that I am not a romantic person by heart, but the movies I have picked have all very strong scripts. And Yashji directed more action, social and suspense movies then the romantic ones.
Answered by Manoj Adwani, 13 Nov '12 01:17 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Deewar and trishul are both great
Answered by gaurav, 13 Nov '12 01:15 pm

(1)
 (0)