Q.

Women with power,overshadow their partners...look at angelina jolie/brad pitt....aishwarya rai bachchan/abhishek bachchan......jennifer lopez/marc anthony.....kareena kapoor/saif ali khan.. etc etc...what is your opinion on the same??

Asked by shintsie, 21 Nov '08 04:16 pm

1.

The bane of our society is lack of women empowerment.Societies where women have greater power in social system shows reduced crime rates and other maladies.On a personal level too,I have always encouraged the independence of my spouse to pursue her dreams even if it can cost social commitments.I always feel that it is a national waste of resource by tying our women down just to cook and raise a family.I do not mean to state that family is anyway less important but the women folk are no way inferior or superior.They deserve their due place in the society and the question of ego should not come .I should also state that behind every successful woman there can be a man too! What every man could do is in helping to nurture the talent and the self belief in your spouse so that she also finds her worthiness!
Answered by vinod, 22 Nov '08 10:33 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Worthless question....
Answered by Vivek Gupta, 21 Nov '08 04:17 pm

(1)
 (11)
3.

What happens is in the male dominated society....there are very few women who are able to break the glass ceiling and come out tops...and therefore those few are adulated more whereas a successful man is almost taken as a given thing. The stereotype that a man can never be content to be behind the shadows of a woman is broken by many men.....Margaret Thatcher was a strong woman but she acknowledged that she cudnt have achieved what she did without the silent support and unyielding support of Dennis Thatcher..... only thing it takes much more confidence than a normal man to stay behind the shadows and be content with role reversal. Just like successful men have a strong supportive hand of the wife in the background the women too have the support of their husband. At the same time very few women are able to take the leads without neutering the husband ....the reason why we see splits in successful and celebrity couples where there is power struggle to hold the rein...and ego cla ...more
Answered by sumitha, 21 Nov '08 07:44 pm

(5)
 (0)
4.

There is more to anything that meets the eye. All these guys who are listed here have gone for it with their eyes wide open. At the end of the day their total interaction with each other matters and very little of it is visible to us. Little knowledge is dangerous shintsie!!
Answered by gem mina, 21 Nov '08 06:11 pm

(3)
 (1)
5.

Shints ----as a child i used to view a serial on DD named Srimaan Srimati ,,,,there is also a movie called Itni si baat --i loved on the pretext that ---lead male used to do household work and female used to earn ----i wanted to go same way -----not coz i wanted to shy away the responsibility of a normal social male --what society projects --but i loved to live an opposite , enjoy that role as challenge and prove to myself that yes i can do it -----------------simply that thinking gives me lot of female traits ,,, one compassion included and displaying all sorts of emotion with a definite command -------purposely i m not talking of material and financial and power aspect --as i feel need of the hour is to sensitise the male gender to treat with equal respect the role reversal -------
Answered by RAJESH, 21 Nov '08 07:54 pm

(3)
 (0)
6.

I don't know what intended you to ask this question OR what kind of answer you wish to get for this :-)))))) I don't think that this comparison will do justice with the women's power, actually its not different to understand.Everyone is aware n appreciate the same, their role in the success n development of ours.....whatever we say or convey by our stupid uttering, the biggest truth is that men are much more dependent on women than they are on men.The straight cut answer is that one could portray her in a 2-dimensional picture or 3-dimensional sculptures or could but when it comes to understanding............................!!! Can we ever understand them on a whole? I'm sure that no body can ever do that, and that is because she has multi-dimensional potentials-----a blend of special power, subtle attraction, wisdom and charisma within which keeps her going on n on.The role of 'male-supportive' or 'male-rearing' is no more practical now.She is fired with a great passion for ca ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 21 Nov '08 06:48 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

While your statement has truth, your examples are not correct. Brad Pitt can anyday command more. While you are remembering Lara Croft Tomb Raider and The Bone Collector, you are forgetting Seven and Fight Club and not to mention The Assasination of Jessey James. I I can accept JLO example. Another good example would be Madonna and Guy Ritchie. And the best example. Here comes toppings on the biscuit, icing on the cake - Who is husband of Pratibha Patil. Now, just don't ask me, who is Pratibha Patil!! BTW how many people here would remember a famous journalist by the name of Feroze Khan (Gandhi)???
Answered by manish varma, 21 Nov '08 04:45 pm

(2)
 (0)
8.

Sorry I cannot agree with this. Because this is not the example for the majority. Exceptions are always there in any field of life. By the way i like brad pitt, abhishek bachchan and marc anthony than their female partners. :)
Answered by peekay first, 22 Nov '08 06:38 pm

(1)
 (2)
9.

A powerful partner will always overshadow the other partner. Male femal makes no difference!
Answered by Tushar Kher, 23 Nov '08 12:24 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

My opinion is this and hear me out Shints.,.. ALL women ALL over the world are MORE powerful than women.. and the dumbo men don't realize it but we only pretend to be ignorant fools in order to impress them. In the cases you have mentioned above the women have stopped pretending and have shown their true mettle.
Answered by joyoti sen, 23 Nov '08 11:46 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Answered by senthil JEGADEESAN