Q.

Will elevation of Rahul Gandhi in the Congress party mean anything good for the nation? Your views?

Tags: congress, gandhi, rahul gandhi
Asked by Good Citizen, 21 Jan '13 12:32 pm

1.

Not likely as he has failed to rise above the rest to emerge as the National Leader of Congress which has once again resorted to dynastic policies to choose him as the new Vice President of the Party. I think the upcoming elections will prove them wrong in their decision to elevate him in the leadership!!
Answered by dharamender nebhnani, 22 Jan '13 10:05 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

They consider congress party is a Elephant family where mother is the head of the family.Priyanka would be the natural heir.Rahul's elevation has of no consequence.It is internal family matter.It is neighter good not bad for the nation.
Answered by bhaskara rao, 01 Feb '13 08:46 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Rahu lwill write the last Chapter of Congress.
Answered by venkat ramani ramachandran, 22 Jan '13 03:40 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

I have not understood yet, where was Honorable Rahul's elevation. He was number two, in Congress, will remain number two in Congress so long Madam Gandhi remains active in politics. The new designation that Honorable Rahul now holds is not a recognized position in Congress Constitution. May be it has been introduced now. But, the real signal is that he has agreed to lead the party with full responsibility. Such a signal always enthuses the Congress workers. Its significance is limited to that only.
Answered by soumyen sarkar, 21 Jan '13 11:03 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

I dont think what is special about rahul?is it a certificate that india can be ruled only by gandhi/nehru family.
Answered by Ramesh Agarwal, 21 Jan '13 09:37 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

Its a very difficult question and before answering this question I would rather try to think - is their already an influence in the governance in the past five years or so and if so then is it positive or negative? I think there is a definite imprint of Rahul Gandhi in the decision making in UPA-II. As compared to UPA-I this govt has gone slow on reforms and high on outdated and mostly corrupt socialist schemes like NREGA, Food Security Act, RTE etc and even though these may be the brain childs of the extra constitutional yet more powerful NAC, why the govt went into a limbo on economic reforms? And Sonia Gandhi influenced the decisions of UPA-I also, but never was an almost full stop on reforms. It shows clearly that someone else is influencing the decisions of UPA-II and who has that much power other than Rahul Gandhi. Rahul Gandhi, by his escapades into villages and love for the poor has projected if not anything but a socialistic mindset and then all these decisions achieve a bette ...more
Answered by Manoj Adwani, 21 Jan '13 08:24 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

I dont think it means any thing good atleast for the congress and to some extent for the nation as well. I fear Rahul's elevation may prove to be as the last nail in the coffin of congress.
Answered by INDER VIG, 21 Jan '13 12:45 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

When I started my career at entry level, i did know what my future potential would be. It was only after learning to handle challenging situations that I grew.
I supposed he same would apply to Rahul also.
Moreover in a political office capability is not the only requirement.
When MMS became PM everyone was so happy that at last we have a capable administrator, economist and genuine person as PM. But today there is so much disillusionment regarding him. His own party does not trust him any longer and wants to replace him with Rahul
Answered by Vikram, 21 Jan '13 12:42 pm

(0)
 (0)
9.

The nation is stuck in the hands of mindless politicians . they are all of the same species. just different sides of a coin.
Answered by Ataur Rahman, 21 Jan '13 12:33 pm

(0)
 (0)