Q.

When will you prefer to compete: when there is an equally talented tough competitor so that you have to work hard towards the victory OR when there is no one to compete with you so that you are sure about the victory?

Tags: relationships, careers, education
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 15 Feb '10 01:27 pm

1.

I don't know . If I compete with a tough competetor like you I may lose and with a weak competetor , I may win but in both cases it's ultimately a lose lose situation . You can't enjoy your victory anyway , because if you lose it, you lose it! --And if you WIN it, you LOSE it!

Why?

Well, suppose you triumph over the other person and shoot his argument full of holes and prove that he's an absolute idiot.

Then what?

You'll feel fine, smug and satisfied. But what about him? You'll have made him feel inferior. You'have hurt his pride. He may resent your triumph, and
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 17 Feb '10 02:53 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

I always prefer to compete with the richly talented group to prove my mettle, which will give me an opportunity to have edge over equally talented. Every person has competitive personality traits because he / she got to or want to achieve their goals. Being competitive helps me live day-to-day being. Apparently, you perform better when there are competitors. Knowing youre competing with equally talented persons helps you perform better than if you thought the field was open. Similarly, a fewer teams of more people compete better than more teams of smaller numbers of people. And you really derive a thrill, while doing this to make your attempts triumphant ones...!
Answered by Dil Se, 16 Feb '10 10:44 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Competition provides an opportunity to assess yourselves and improve wherever required. So, the challenge is in having a tough competitor. More than the result, the pleasure you derive in doing a particular act and enjoying yourself is very important. Just like success, failure can also teach you many lessons; only if you have the temperament to analyze.
Answered by M Shankar, 15 Feb '10 04:58 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Hi Muktha, There is a never ending race in ever field we see. Ciivilization is never ending process. As long as people have intellegence ,people will use all their efforts to create new inventions .So more and more advanced technics will arrive and the existing technics and methods become out dated soon. Still we need to keep our pace and not get carried away with this competition fever which is becoming very contagious.We have to undestand our limits and try to find enjoyment in our own way. Every year new advanced highly equipped cars arrive in the market, that doesnt mean we change our Cars every year . The same is the case with each and every materialistic things we use. Our victory should be in achieving our own targets and goals and fulfilling our own dreams. We cannot push or pressurise ourselves on seeing others talents and abilities.We need to realise our own abilities and efforts. Our efforts should be to have a less competative but a quality life.Our efforts should be for th ...more
Answered by Rachana, 15 Feb '10 03:44 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

In this context I must remind U of the great warrior KARNA who gifted the life of 4 PANDAVAs other than ARJUNA bcz he knew that besides LORD SHIVA, PARSURAMA, BHISMA, it was ARJUNA who could face his arrows on the battlefield in the then world.This event of MAHABHARAT imparts the message that a real fighter should always compete with an equally talented competitor, which I always like to do.Agar maidan par achha khiladi na ho to khelne mein mazaa aati hai kya?
Answered by Pradipta pati, 15 Feb '10 02:10 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Right now I'm sooooo relaxed that I would choose the latter !
Answered by nargis bhambi, 15 Feb '10 01:32 pm

(1)
 (0)