Q.

Is there any game that u enjoyed playing as a child but find eiher ridiculous now.. or wish u cud still play it?

Tags: relationships, sports, entertainment
Asked by sumitha, 10 Feb '10 03:15 pm

1.

Yes, in childhood I played kho kho. Kho- Kho is a game played in 2 innings by 12 nominated players out of 15, on each side. Initially 9 players start the game and 3 are kept reserve. One team becomes the chasers and the other the defenders or runners. In the game, the chaser pursues the runners; tags and touches them and makes them out. Each team has to chase and defend for 9 minutes twice in a match.

When I was small it used to be fun, now it looks so rediculous.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 13 Feb '10 02:25 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

How about the game of musical chairs usually played at childrens Birthday Parties. As a child I knew it would always be me who was left without a chair when the music stopped - things would be different now!!!
Answered by Janis, 10 Feb '10 03:52 pm

(0)
 (0)

3.

There are many, which we used to enjoy during childhood, like gilli danda, hide and seek, 'name-place-thing', dark room, 'color-color', hot-or-cool, antakshari, dumb-charades, cards, sports like badminton, cycle race, etc. Of these except gilli danda and dark room other games I sometimes do with my daughter or little cousins.
Hot-or-cool is similar to the treasure or scavenger hunt. Dark room is played during night time, because it needs darkness for hiding. It was so difficult to find somebody hiding in difficult corners of a dark room, especially because the seeker is coming from a well-lit room. We used to hum ghost songs to frighten the hiders from the dark rooms. It was so fun seeing them come running from some secluded dark places, which was otherwise difficult to find....I enjoyed all the games/sports, both indoor and outdoor, never found it ridiculous, still would like to play, if getting a chance....:))
Answered by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 11 Feb '10 10:11 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

Hide and seek... i just luv playing it..but now it is not possible to play :((
Answered by SHEETAL, 12 Feb '10 10:40 am

(2)
 (0)
5.

Yes. I used to play with drunkards. Even I stripped their entire cloth in public when they were unconcious and attracted dogs towards them purposely. I cant play this game anymore.
Answered by Masquer, 11 Feb '10 10:13 pm

(1)
 (1)
6.

Cheating in ludo and snake ladder.
Answered by dare devil, 20 Feb '10 08:54 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

We brothers (three of us) with our friends used to enact detective / fiction stories we read. Like Steel claw, CID Vikram, Phantom, Mandrake, Vikramaditya...... But all of them on our own unwritten scripts. Some plays will last for months and we used to act different stories at different time of the days, making some of them a mega serial type with lot of twists and turns. Holidays were lit up with those dramas and I believe we should get the patent/royalty for the concept of serials and episodes now everyone is familiar with. All of these "classics" were pure display of masculinity and there was no role at all for a girl. So neighbourhood girls used to call us with those surnames you would have read in those comics. I was the major contributor for the scripts. Those days got somewhat an abrupt end due to some family events. Later I had to move out of native place for higher studies. During one of my vacations, my young brother came to me with some of his friends to play some of that s ...more
Answered by Krishnakumar Narayanan, 16 Feb '10 11:10 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

There's a long list of games which i have played with my friends and cousins like color color,name place animal thing,hide and seek,hot cold,ooch neech ka paapra,otla langotla,pillar game,Bandar,Bhabhi,pitthu game,ghar ghar,Zanjeer choo,kikli,cricket etc :)) Bandar was the most funniest one in which we used to beat the victim person with our slippers:),Then comes ooch neech ka paapra,the name itself is quite funny,right...we used to play it in our street..the person whose turn had come had to chose either ooch(up) or neech(down)....if he'd select ooch we had to stay at neech but periodically go at his place(ooch)also.if he caught hold of us then next would be our turn and if that person came at our place i.e.neech,we used to pinch him badly.Ghar ghar seems ridiculous cause for it we used to go at haveli(in villages,haveli is a place where people keep there buffaloes and vehicles:))Then we used to remove wet mud from tractor for making utensils of mud...it seems quite ridiculous to touc ...more
Answered by Simran Minhas, 13 Feb '10 03:06 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

There was a game we used to play wen we were kids..." I Spy You " ---all of us cousins used to spread thruout my Granny's house n one of us was made to stand in one corner n count frm 1 to 100...while others took their time out to hide.
The difference of this game frm the quintessential Hide n Seek game is after the person hides he/she has to giv out a sound...and the person who is seeking has to say " I Spy You so n so"...the name has to be taken...means u hav to actually identify the voice associated with the person. Hahaha...it was such fun wen the wrong persons name was called out n the seeker had to again go back to his/her counting position....:))))
Well...nowadays I find this game ridiculous in real as well as the virtual life for the obvious reason that we r no more kids n adults play Hide n Seek quite differently.
Answered by sumita ganguly, 13 Feb '10 01:22 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Well Sumitha, in my earlier days my fav was Carrom and cricket.
Carrom, we play as sets with me and my elder brother on one side my sis and another brother on another side. Mind u Sumi, both the teams are equally good and we fight for our rights!!
Then came cricket, by that time my BIL was a cricket Umpire in TNCA and we never missed a match there and used to mingle around the players be it national or international!!
BUt I was afraid of this kite flying as once my brother's neck was cut by some kites thread with all the nonsense of 'Manja' with glass powder, etc..
Well those days have gone by
But I continued Cricket up to my office level
Now My son is an avid cricket player and a good swimmer too.
Apart from these in our family we all used to play the 'Dhayakattam' on spl occassions like Vaikunda Eakadesi etc... for the whole night and my mother used to lead us all tho !!!
Now I miss my mother very much on this Shivratri day!!!
Answered by Sundar Rajan, 12 Feb '10 06:48 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

No idea..more

Answered by ANURAG