Q.

Government in developing countries like india have launched the information and communicatin technology projects for poverty alleviation.whether they have succeed and failed?

Tags: education, technology, news & events
Asked by sandeep, 18 Jan '10 12:56 pm

1.

Well, Sandeep, I do not always want to criticize Indian govt efforts, but they always seemed to be aimed in the wrong spots.

To alleviate poverty thru IT, the only way to do that is to enable average folk to reach out to the world commercially. And in that, India doesn't have a single national e-commerce portal which is accessible to all.

SUre, we have Ebay dot in, and those guys have been gracious enough to give us Paisapay which makes e-commerce a LOT simpler, yet only a handful of banks are Paisapay scheme guarantors. That too mostly urban banks. But then urbanites have credit cards so I am lost as to why they need Paisapay....? But then only urban banks mostly are covered thru Paisapay.

Tier II and Tier III towns are where credit card facilities are non existant. However, those banks don't get the e-commerce interconnectivity one bit.

Answered by A Moin, 18 Jan '10 01:05 pm

(0)
 (0)