Q.

Does Law give unfair advantage to women in divorce and custody cases.. reason..

Tags: law, reason, unfair advantage to women in divorce and custody cases
Asked by entrap, 18 Oct '07 08:01 pm

1.

Law provides under section 498A of Indian Penal Code right to file complaint against husband and his family members and on the basis of such complaint the cognizance will be taken without bail by the accused and they may be arrested and prosecuted. This right is not available to men. It is thuisa unfair and onesided. M.C. Mundra
Answered by navbharat mundra, 18 Oct '07 08:13 pm

(7)
 (0)
2.

Yes. Women get undue and unfair advantage in divorce and custody... they get the alimony even if they are working... to me its "beggar's money" that they get.... yet they call it "equality" and women liberation... So, for them women liberation means getting undue and unfair advantage over men... how convenient!!!
Answered by Need Advice, 19 Oct '07 03:54 pm

(5)
 (1)
3.

Yes - they do very much - I am a divorcee myself - in my 8 years of failed marriage - my wife even at times threatened me to put me "behind bars" - made false accusations of Torture not only on me but on my parents also - all done with the tacit help of her mother finally forget all I spent on her in the last 8 years I had to shell a decent amount too as a one time alimony to free myself of her clutches.
Laws are too one sided they help the educated ladies of the country today I an not saying that men are angles but these laws do not help the rural and uneducated families were atrocities on women are rampant but I dare say among the educated these laws are 100% biased towards the lady and with section 498A and domestic violence act she can hold the boys family to ransom I have faced it so I know it.
Answered by Kumar V, 19 Oct '07 08:23 pm

(3)
 (0)
4.

Yes. In our courts if you speak the truth your statement is not considered as gospel. If someone lies the court believes and pass an order favouring men. Women can have hirelings to threaten the husband and the court will support it. But men cannot do so. Women can threaten their husband and family by using henchmen and even if you make an open statement in the court, it is not heard. You can be true and state that marriage is not consummated but it is not considered at all. Man can suffer and suffer. Women even if they make fake complaints they are rewarded. That is our system. Women can kill their husband and in laws and law offers protection though it is a cold blooded murder. Police too join and protect them. Women indulging in rowdyism are encouraged to do so. Our esteemed judges should wake up and do something so that innocent persons are not harassed and victimised
Answered by v s, 19 Oct '07 05:17 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Is it not an identical social problem like the reservation policy based on castes in India? In the latter case, castes who received low treatments ages ago are receving undue advantages even after 6 deecades. Same with women who were treated as unequals ages ago and suffered humiliations.

In either cases , it is high time that a rational thinking and right moves are made to gradually taper off the handicaps granted by law.
Answered by Junglee, 19 Oct '07 05:00 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Yes in majority of cases, as this is the easy method for a woman to put heaviest pressure under law. Legally parents or any relation does not have any role in a marriage of a boy or a girl, but when it comes to dowry supression, or divorce or woman abuse etc., their role is specifically attributed. This is unjust and one sided.
Answered by arungopal agarwal, 19 Oct '07 04:51 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

This is for the simple reason that both the Law and Men tend to consider Women as the weaker sex in our society. Why do we fail to forget to put them at par? Worse still, the law forgets that the symbol of justice is by itself a woman blinded balancing the scales of justice.
Answered by DRN, 19 Oct '07 04:50 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

These laws have been made to help the actual victims which are facing these humiliations from their in laws or husband in the villages whereas in cities only 5% are the actual victims, rest 95% are the fake cases against men. it is the judge who should see that the case is fake or true. but our judiciary is so slow that decades pass for getting the justice. whatever bad is happening is all because of our legal systems.
Answered by brijinder khurana, 19 Oct '07 04:26 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

To every person who says woman gets undue advantage, let me tell you its only woman who are tortured by their husbands & the opposite happens only in rarest of cases. So its justified that the law should favor worman.
Answered by kuldip nair, 19 Oct '07 04:13 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Law has got soft corner for woman,if woman is wrong will be punished
Answered by neera bhatt, 18 Oct '07 08:02 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Yes it is. it has been a tradition in our country to convert hindus in other religions as hindus are soft targets. the most important thing to remembe..more

Answered by Pathline Channel