Q.

What are the problems you are facing in present outlook of rediff q and a ?

Tags: present outlook
Asked by Prasoon Sinha, 23 Jul '09 11:17 pm

1.

Everything about this Forum is a drag. Where are my BAs? Why can't i give a BA? Why do they delete my old messages? I may like to reply to them?
Answered by joyoti sen, 24 Jul '09 12:03 am

(4)
 (0)
2.

You can only see the last 5 of anything - last 5 messages, last 5 answers, last 5 questions. After that you cannot read any comments or see BAs - nothing ! Complete waste of time.
There are no Question Categories and yet a Tag is given to each question- when you click the tag it takes you to questions which were asked years ago.
When you submit messages to friends pages they are frequently not posted.
The Have a Question Ask Box is not user friendly.
There is no link from your "My Page" to QnA.
The scoring has been altered - our previous Total scores have disappears and now there are not points for asking questions or voting.
On my Page I have a person there as I friend whom I do not know.
THE WHOLE NEW FORUM IS A MESS AND NOT USER FRIENDLY - IT HAS KILLED THE SPIRIT OF QnA
Answered by Janis, 24 Jul '09 02:47 am

(3)
 (0)
3.

1. Where are the list of BAs I got or I gave?
2. Why clean out the message board? I used to keep some valuable information there
3. If there are no categorizations of questions, let there be no categorization of abuses also. Our moderators will award an abuse even if it is a spelling mistake while writing a sanskrit sloka.
4.Please for heavens sake, let them consult people who are active in this forum and act accordingly
5. They have still not been able to correct a simple mistake like an inverted comma being represented as a slash in the texts. What a shame... when such an obvious blooper is continuously being overlooked, do you expect them to do anything about a more genuine and serious complaint? Who are they kidding?
Answered by Satish Kamath, 24 Jul '09 09:23 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

I've noticed the following problems which have already been sent in the Feedback in order to rectify them by the Rediff management:-

1. More than 5 messages can't be viewed
2. Older messages esp our most fav messages can't be retrieved.
3. No delete or report abuse/block buttons against each msg.
4. No removal button against My Friends, if any unwanted person is added by mistake.
5. Complete list of Friends is not shown in other members' pages.
6. Questions are not categorized.
7. Edit Photo & About (Edit): Both are the same function and any one of them should be removed.
Answered by Joseph Chacko, 24 Jul '09 04:45 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

Problems are too many which cannot be listed here due to paucity of space so I have decided to project the in form of questions which I keep posting from time to time.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 24 Jul '09 05:06 am

(0)
 (0)
6.

1....Its less interactive--takes forever to go to somebody's msgbox.

2....Best answers are not visible.

3...useful or not useful votes are visible, its hard to vote not useful because that person will be your arch enemy.

4...If they want to show the friends list on our page, all friends should be visible for everybody.

5..There should be delete button for unwanted msg. This will specially help girls.
Answered by Jiya Sahgal, 24 Jul '09 01:10 am

(3)
 (0)
7.

Its a non-friendly outlook n gives a feeling as if we r talking to a wall .....not at all a warm place we use to hv, its no more a part of large family we enjoyed..................its horrible !!!!!
Answered by MARTINI, 23 Jul '09 11:59 pm

(3)
 (0)
8.

To change the outlook of q&a such a way is foolish. Can you tell me how to search my q&a here? there are three options above one of it is save to my page, where is my page? There are no catagories, I don't know I am reading a question from which catagory. If I am not interested in certain catagory, why I am forced to read the question from that catagory? For the last 5-6 days I am finding a lot of difficulty in searching the catagory I want. About my q&a, I have not found the page at all. There are only 4 options visible Home, Recent questions, Unanswered questions, Expert answers thats all. and you get 10 points to answering the question. Where those 10 points are accumulated and what is my latest score, who has sent me a message, how can I send a message to other person GOD KNOWS. Finally This is a dirty set up and I do not like it. Even rediff.com's hompage set up is also changed I feel like switching over to Yahoo.com
Answered by vikas korlekar, 23 Jul '09 11:38 pm

(3)
 (0)
9.

Adaptation to it will take sometime.
No other problem.
Answered by anantharaman, 23 Jul '09 11:21 pm

(2)
 (1)
10.

There are no categories like before.There is no provision to search an old question.Though we are giving and recieving BA's but the tag is not being shown against the answer and often it is difficult to find out which answer of ours has been awarded BA.
All said and done all of us are facing great problems here.Hope the Rediff team is listening to our woes and will take appropriate steps.
Thank you for taking up the matter.
Answered by HEMANT MEHTA, 24 Jul '09 12:55 am

(2)
 (0)

Q.

Nothing has changed? The ads are gone and only basic services are available. What does that tell you :)..more

Answered by Jane Joseph K