Q.

Aaj Purani raahon se
Koi mujhe aawaaz na de
Dard me dube geet na de
Gam ka sisakna saaz na de !!!

Ye Aadmi apni purani rahon me jaana pasand nahi karta.Lekin aapki purani rahen kya kehti he.Aap jaana pasand karenge aapki purani raahon me ,galiyon me ya churahon me..What does your old roads say, where you had spent your childhood days and youthful days.Share it with friends in the forum.

Asked by Rachana, 13 Jun '09 06:23 pm

1.

Rachana, the initial line of song ``Aaj purani raaho pe koyee mujhe awaaz na de.` is quite significant to those whose old memories have become haunting and to some extent disturbing too. Not speaking in general terms, if I take me as a walker on those lines of the song, sometimes (especially when it relates to my childhood) I remember those days which were washed away by witnessing degradation of my mother (no need to tell the reasons, because her story is quite a typical Indian household one) and in turn she saw her only child`s humiliation. I hate my childhood like anything, and therefore the line ``Wo purani raaho pe`` astonishingly fits to my status of mind as if it is warning me not to response to echo of those dark concentration camp kind days. Still, there was a hopeful silver line in dense cloudy atmosphere. A neighborhood aunty who, for one reason or other, keeps calling me to her home and treat me as if I were her child. When my days with paternal home were finished and I ret ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 16 Jun '09 10:44 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

My impressions of those `Purani Raahein` are worth remembering and enjoying in solidarity or with family members/old friends unlike Dilip Kumar's in this particular song. The impressions of my childhood and early boyhood are nearly perfect. And I mean it when I say perfect. I can remember all the things, the earliest days I spend at old Lucknow with my parents (I lived there till five and so I remember very little about it) with a Bengali family, the company of some childlike friends at the boarding school of Dehradun and the disciplined and strict life I lived there under a very kind mentor (between 6 to 10) and then my welcome permanent return to the city of Patna which was mine, where my family was, at the age of ten. I call my Patna return as the emergence of the being in me. I had and still have a very large family which includes twenty nine members in all living together under one single roof. Even though I was not familiar with many of them, their undivided and sincere love and ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 18 Jun '09 10:07 pm

(5)
 (0)
3.

Even in this beautiful song the reference was to some recent past & not some distant past. I am sure with most of the people it is the recent past which is painful & not the distant past which takes us nostalgically to the fondness of our early young age & young age.

Most of the people have fond memories of such past. Our past experiences mould our present thought.
Answered by Audrey Tata, 16 Jun '09 11:30 am

(5)
 (0)
4.

Rachna, I am writing both, the sadness, which I had faced, and the happiness, which is the ruling factor of my life......

The question has made me nostalgic.....Wherever we go, the memories will always be there....The song is so appropriate.....If you want to move on...Aaj purani rahon se koi mujhe aawaz na de...... I too have moved on. Why should I cling to the things which had made me weaker when I was weak? The song further says.....Beete dinon ki yaad thi jin me, mai wo tarane bhool chukka..... Here I shall correct, I have forgotten the memories, which had once left me in pain......in hurt, but the memories of fondness, I cherish from the bottom of my heart.....then, Aaj nayi manzil hai meri, kal ke thikane bhool chukka.... The places of yester years, which were once close to my heart.....and left my heart into pieces......why should I remember them, and live in pain, when I have found my love.....my pride !!!!

Answered by Alankrita Basu, 16 Jun '09 04:09 pm

(3)
 (0)
5.

Yes! Of course and I keep visiting those lanes and streets regularly... There lies the life sitting with its shoulders wide open to embrace me to feel the self...to make make me remember what I was... to help me remember those people, places, things, moments who moulded my life the way it is... The pleasant and sad memories...all a great treasure to preserve and visit...
And most precious are those memories that are associated to my childhood... remember each and every place, street, stones, trees, shops, houses, people and so on... It does not take much to re-visit those memories but it gives such a pleasure from inside which is so precious and definitely out of words...
Answered by sanjay sharma, 15 Jun '09 01:13 am

(3)
 (0)
6.

"Aadmi musafir hai aata hai jaata hai
aate jaate raste mein yaadein chhod jaata hai"
"dil bhool jaata hai jab kisi ko
wo bhool kar bhi yaad aata hai
aadmi musafir hai......." wat i feel we dont forget anything in our lives, though at times we pretend so.......beete hue ek ek pal anmol hai, agar hum un palon ko sajonkar rakhe hai...my long distance train journey starts looking shorter when i recapitulate the moments of my past ....well , i am infinitely blessed wid a very happy childhood days and i dont need to find a valid reason to go unto d pages of my past......use to open them wid full liberty too...by nature i use to gather all the tiny happier moments wid d passage of life...they r my treasured memories...can spend years wid those memories...agreeing wid d fact that for a few they might not be so appealing due to certain unfortunate incidents....of course past is not recoverable indeed, but wud b ready to sacrifice whole of my wealth if given an opportunity to travel thru t ...more
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 21 Jun '09 09:15 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

Purani rahen....jin rahon ke pagdandi par chal kar bachpan se jawani dekhi....jin rahon par chal kar kabhi be jhijak khilkhilate the...hanste hanste lotpot ho jaate the...jin yaadon se aaj bhi khushi milti hai....jin yaadon ko dil se laga kar baithe hain...jin yaadon ko fir se jeen ki tamanna jaagti hai.
My childhood in school...my childhood with the brood of cousins who visited us often during vacations...my childhood of a chubby child loved by the pretty anglo indian teachers we had in our school...my playing the role of Humpty Dumpty in the annual concert...how happy were those innocent and golden days.
Kaise kahoon ki koi humen awaaz na de...kabhi dard ka ehsaas hi na hua...jaise geet gate gun gunate bachpan beet gaya...
Answered by prasoon, 18 Jun '09 03:43 pm

(2)
 (0)
8.

I am a nostalgic person and my childhood and youth were full of cherished memories. I am lucky to have wonderful childhood where happiness ruled. The days were carefree and fun.Even our studies were not too difficult as in those days there was none of this cut throat competition that today's children face.No tutions were necessary and I enjoyed doing my studies homework included. I remember visiting our ancestral home in the village where my paternal grandmother lived.My paternal grandfather died before my birth while my maternal grandfather and grandmother passed away when I was too young.I used to sit beside her on her loom while she weaved, went with her to the paddy fields and the fish pond(even tried my hand at angling at that tender age of 8), wayshed the cows being milked by her.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 15 Jun '09 10:30 pm

(2)
 (0)
9.

Everyone of us has past memories.Some are pleasant and some are bad with everyone.Each of us would certainly like to go down our memory lane of pleasant memories,while none of us would like to go back to the bad times.
Answered by HEMANT MEHTA, 13 Jun '09 06:25 pm

(2)
 (0)
10.

Ye aadmi Purane dukho ke dino mai nahi janna chahata hai. Her aadmi aapne purane sukho ko dobara jina chhahta hai.
Answered by ravisinha, 06 Jun 01:52 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Ego problem ,dear friend.Jagan will get majority in state assembly n form the Govt. Despite alleagation of corruption,he is liked by the voters n will..more

Answered by Damodar Biswal