Q.

How many of you are going to drink Bhang on Mahashivratri, many people observe a fast on this day so is it not in contrast to drink bhang.

Tags: health, entertainment, drink
Asked by manoj thakur, 11 Feb '10 01:11 pm

1.

I dont drink Some people (NOT ALL) just dont understand the motive behind celebration of Mahashivratri. They do things as please them. The real story is, our beloved shiva drank bhang - it was actually the negativity of the whole world. And people thought that it is good so they also drink it. Shivji drank poison during sagar manthan and his throat turned blue and when Maa Parvathi saw it she tied a snake round his neck to stop the poison from going down so he is also called Neelkanth but do you see people drinking poison? Well drinking bhang on Mahashivratri is not famous or prevalent so its not a thing to be bothered.
Answered by sumati gayki, 11 Feb '10 01:41 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

You observe fast or slow does not matter. Drink Bhang or bharo maang, does not matter. All contrasts are embraced by the Maha Shiva on his day without any Tandava Nritya.
Answered by nkpathak, 11 Feb '10 02:55 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

I don; drink bhaang nor do I fast on Mahashivratri day. It is not a holiday for us here and so in the morning I offer prasad, milk, flowers and prayers to Lord Shiva in my prayer cubicle at home and ask for His blessing.Then the day passes normally like any other day.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 11 Feb '10 01:59 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

R I W A A Z -zamana purani..more

Answered by ginger