Q.

Why bosses like 'unhappy' employees

Asked by Cartoon Network, 02 Apr '12 12:21 pm

1.

A few years back I asked Scott Adams, the creator of the Dilbert comic strip, how does it feel to be "even" referred to as a management guru these days: "ironic", was his one word answer!

Cartoonists and comic strip writers are usually men of few words. So I guess Adams was just being modest, for I have learnt more about how organisations "really" work, by reading the Dilbert comic strip, than all the tomes that made me fall asleep at the business school. One of the things that Adams keeps harping on is that employee morale is a risky thing.

In The Dilbert Principle he writes: "Happy employees will work harder without asking for extra pay. But if they get too happy, endorphins kick in, egos expand, and everybody starts whining about the fact that with their current pay they'll have to live in a dumpster after retirement." So what is the way out? "The best balance of morale for employee productivity can be described this way: happy but with low self-esteem," explains Adams.

Answered by Ataur Rahman, 02 Apr '12 12:24 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Employees are unhappy because they are not motivated properly. Bosses don't like them, they just have to deal with them in order to avoid costs. http://www.vinceposcente.com/reach-your-big-goals-in-less-time
Source: http://www.vinceposcente.com/reach-your-big-goals-in-less-time
Answered by Laura Clark, 10 May '12 12:43 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

To make them Happy by motivation
Answered by Anil khare, 02 Apr '12 12:24 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

A few years back I asked Scott Adams, the creator of the Dilbert comic strip, how does it feel to be "even" referred to as a management guru these day..more

Answered by Ataur Rahman