Q.

Jus now i have recieved a msg from Jack Johnson Sir whom i respect the most on this forum that he is leaving it due to disregard by the moderators..please join me to request the moderators to bring him back..he has been ab asset to this forum whom i followed & learnt the most about this forum from..i know many more such members are there..we need him here..pls feel free to comment on this sad news..?

Tags: money, relationships, sir
Asked by dharamender nebhnani, 10 Oct '09 05:05 pm

1.

Having spoken to Jack to day I agree that he has been on the receiving end of a tactless and insulting remark from a person who should know better how to conduct themselves in a professional manner. He has taken it to heart and I fully understand his feelings. However, I don't think he should leave and give importance to what has been said. His Rediff Family are far more important than someone sitting in the Rediff office hopefully in time he will reconsider his decision.
Answered by Janis, 10 Oct '09 07:59 pm

(15)
 (6)
2.

While I posted my message in friends message boxes, I did not know that it would generate so much response. I have also received an equal number of messages in my message box. I invite Ms. Neha to read the answers. I am sure she would notice that every member here is fit to be an expert. Then what right Rediff QnA teams has to sit in judgment over their answers?

Please visit the website http://www.simplyexplained.com. See the procedure they have for selection of experts. The members desiring to become expert click on the tab and declare their qualification and the categories in which they think they are expert in. The management extends them an opportunity to be an expert. On the contrary, after she invited me to assist them in improving the system Ms. Neha never thought once that she is insulting me with the words that I do not know how to answer the questions; my answers are frivolous; and the members do not benefit from my answers. I am of the opinion she does not even observe t ...more
Answered by Jack Johnson, 11 Oct '09 09:58 pm

(10)
 (0)
3.

I am in truth exceedingly traumatized with the obnoxious behavior of Rediff committee this time. I always uphold harmony with them (rediff) even if something goes against me or wounds me. But now certainly I cant be quiet for any more as water has flown over the head.
Mr .Jack Jhonson is not only a senior member who posts few questions or gets answers on the forum. He has been a great care taker of the forum. He feeds and waters the forum. He represented the forum on our behalf to address our collective issues many times. I have always found him very helpful and amiable. A person like him should never be humiliated in such a manner that too in this real virtual world where proper appraisal of a genius is very difficult.
I would like to say few things regarding an expert on this forum.
1) Experts on the forum are handicap without Google search engine
2) A person cant have equally substantial knowledge in economics, science, maths, accounts. politics ,and law etc
Answered by joyesh chakraborty, 12 Oct '09 01:07 pm

(9)
 (1)
4.

Jack Jackman is 'nome the plume' i.e. pen name of Mr. Abranches Achilles D'Sylva. Just now I received a message form him that he is leaving this forum with immediate effect and will not be available even to read my reply to his message. Although we never met each other even once, we became great friends only through this forum. The spark of friendship was ignited through interaction by way of questions & answers, messages & jokes through this forum.
The forum will miss a knowledgeable gentleman who had indepth information on many subjects. Since I have great respect for Mr. Abranches, I respect his decision. I do not want to request him to reconsider his decision at this stage but it is my wish that he should come back soon because many friends like me will miss him.
Answered by Francisco, 10 Oct '09 08:58 pm

(7)
 (2)
5.

Received JJ's message. Shocked. Whatever is going on in this forum is out of comprehension. I think the reason is something else than what is said. Whatever the reason, the QnA people have crossed the limits of decency. They need not insult anybody by saying those things. They can block any person without showing any reason because it is their forum and whatever we may feel or say, they are going to have the last laugh. One more thing, somebody with perverse pleasure is enjoying all this. Look at the way he is marking "Not Useful" votes to good answers here and elsewhere. I hope some body can clear the position on both the ends and resolve the matter respectfully so that the Forum does not lose a sensible, knowledgeable and sincere member.
Answered by subhash tiwari, 10 Oct '09 11:14 pm

(5)
 (2)
6.

HIT THE ROAD JACK AND DONT YOU COME BACK NOMO NOMO NOMO NOMO.....those who remember this song or are aware of it, as music enthusiasts should know my feelings.
I have been a victim of such an irrationality... qna has corrected it. I am sure they will correct themselves insofar as Jack is concerned too. Otherwise his leaving the forum speaks high about his self-esteem that I also respect.
Answered by Satish Kamath, 10 Oct '09 08:54 pm

(4)
 (2)
7.

Its a really sad news to know that such thing has happened with someone whom i look upto as an ideal person on this forum..i am shocked that he is not going to continue with his presence on this forum which is highly solicited.
Answered by Shikha Aggarwal, 14 Oct '09 04:14 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Anything concrete that happened on this forum,ever since I joined almost 2 years back,is/was due to Jack Sir's efforts and initiative. He stood for so many people,so many issues and causes,like a true crusader...and someone has the cheek to call his contribution frivolous?
I feel pity for those who judge others using their own feeble yardsticks...Jack Sir never needed someone else's approval to know how he has helped this forum achieve such impossible feats too.
Personally speaking ,he has been an inspiration,a positive force and someone,one could go to without any hesitation and second thoughts.
His answers revealed his understanding of all nuances of life,his intellectual depth and his ability to remain honest and God fearing ,always.
Answered by shintsie, 10 Oct '09 06:14 pm

(13)
 (5)
9.

I would like to request him to stay ... because I feel that if it is Rediff QnA Moderator's behaviour which is responsible for this then he should answer 2 questions...
1. Did they ask him to come here and join QnA?
2. Are they (moderators) running the so called FREE QnA Forum?

He came here on his own will so should leave on his own will and not under pressure from such nincompoops. It is OUR forum where WE request him to stay for US and to show them that they don't & can't rule us.

In any case, THEY EARN money for the ADVERTISEMENTS generated DUE to OUR EFFORTS and CONTRIBUTIONS and not due to their collective idiotic antics.

He should leave IF he wants to leave and not when THEY want him to leave. PLEASE STAY SIR ji !!!
Answered by rajneesh Rediff, 10 Oct '09 07:08 pm

(13)
 (2)
10.

Here is a message for JJ:
Dear JJ,
My question is why did you meet them. What was the purpose? All what is happening here is what the members are contributing - questions, answers, comments, messages, best answers, disagreements. You know JJ I have decided to ignore their slights from now on after they penalised me for an innocent question I asked. They are nincompoops of the highest order whoever they are. They contributed zero to my happiness here and I am depending on quite a few forum members here who are a pleasure to interact with and thats it. You are a fool to leave.
Answered by gem mina, 10 Oct '09 07:37 pm

(10)
 (4)