Q.

I am the Alpha and Omega----where is it written and what does it mean?

Asked by Good Citizen, 11 Feb '10 03:29 pm

1.

Alpha and Omega refer to the eternal nature of Christ (the beginning and the end) - written in the Bible under Revelations, chapter 22, verse 13.
Answered by Janis, 11 Feb '10 04:35 pm

(4)
 (0)
2.

I heard this line as a dialogue in the movie 'Bruce Almighty'. Morgan Freeman tells this to Jim Carey in the scene Bruce meets god for the first time
Answered by RAJAN MHAMAI, 11 Feb '10 04:51 pm

(0)
 (0)

3.

It is found in several places in the Revelation of John (xxi. 6, xxii. 13, i. 8), a book which is to-day almost universally recognized by New Testament scholars of the critical school as derived from an originally Jewish work. It is found in passages like "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end" (xxi. 6);

Source : http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp?artid=1307&letter=A
I t means : the beginning and the end, First and last.
Answered by Mohammed asim nehal, 11 Feb '10 03:36 pm

(3)
 (0)
4.

It refers to Jesus Christ who has been from the beginning and will exist forever and ever.
Answered by omega alpha, 11 Feb '10 04:11 pm

(3)
 (0)
5.

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.... American King James.
Answered by Dinesh Manaktala, 11 Feb '10 03:32 pm

(2)
 (0)
6.

Some people say that since the same titles Alpha and Omega - are used for both God and Jesus, this proves that they one and the same. It is further claimed that these expressions mean the eternity of the Father and the Son. Upon analysis, we see that this notion raises several problems.

Isaiah 44:6 This is what the Lord says - Israels King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:

Revelation 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.

Answered by SHERKHAN, 11 Feb '10 05:11 pm

(1)
 (1)
7.

No where it is written.....it is only an egoistic person's statement......whenever and whereever this I is used that is a clear indication of EGO......few people are preaching/presentig in a different manner.....
Answered by pradeep mishra, 11 Feb '10 03:39 pm

(0)
 (1)