Q.

What is your frank opinion about the 'message box' on your page....? should we have it or do away with it....? plz add ur views too regarding issues relating to it.....

Asked by minati vishwakarma, 11 Jul '09 07:35 pm

1.

The message box is a good thing on the whole. We can connect with our friends and acquaintances very quickly through this box. I can leave a quick message when I don't have the time to open my mailbox.
However it is misused by some members especially the MCPs and Cheap Charlies. Initially if I ever received an indecent message I used to fret and fume and feel insulted. Then I realized it was no use ranting about it. Just block the character...
Besides my friends know me and they will never believe such messages even if they happen to see it in the message box.
Answered by joyoti sen, 11 Jul '09 08:32 pm

(5)
 (1)
2.

My answering this question proves that the message box is a good thing if used correctly. Without your message I would have missed this question completely! I am in favour of the message box. It gives us an opportunity to draw attention to questions and exchange opinons and simple friendly messages. Yes, I know there are some idiots here who use it the post unsavoury messages and total nonsense, but they are few and far between and easily dealt with - it is simple enough to block them from using your box. I also like it to be open, not private. If any one wants to exchange personal messages or private information then they can do so via email - the Q&A forum is not the place for chit chat (in my opinion I add !! ).
Answered by Janis, 11 Jul '09 11:33 pm

(4)
 (0)
3.

Message box is the best and most unique feature of this forum, and it the message box which has made this forum so popular. But there are some sick people who have vitiated the very intention of keeping this message box. They are misusing and the management is unable to do anything about it. Some safeguards need to be incorporated to discourage these unwanted elements from posting abu**sive messages without hindering its capacity to interact then only the message box would be useful otherwise not.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 12 Jul '09 08:56 am

(3)
 (0)
4.

Dear Minatiji, No comments as I gave already my views in your question no.1 y i dont get involved. Sorry mam. regards Cyrus
Answered by cyrus irani, 12 Jul '09 02:27 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

I live abroad..for me the message box serves as a good platform for interacting with my friends and members in the forum. I get to spend only quality time here yet I have made some very close friends and the interaction is really very heart warming..I await with eager anticipation my early morning messages from the likes of Major Sir, Ananthraman Sir, Jackson Sir, Venkatselvarajan Sir and other senior members and from many friends here...! Sometimes questions which I had posed and the answers are discussed very animatedly here..I would like the message forum to continue..!
Answered by inquisitive, 12 Jul '09 01:04 am

(2)
 (0)
6.

It is a nice option but I am not in favour of anyone else being able to go through any member's messages whenever one feels like. A password should be helpful so that only the members concerned can read them. Sorry to say but at times some of our msgs have been copy/pasted by some who have NOTHING to do with our msgs or page. That has to stop..! It is an open forum but still we need a line to be drawn somewhere to keep it pleasant..!
Answered by amreen, 12 Jul '09 08:50 pm

(11)
 (0)
7.

Its gud. it shud remain there......but we can't do anything for obsene msgs. except blockin the IDs sending those msgs.
Answered by chitrasahgal, 11 Jul '09 10:54 pm

(3)
 (8)
8.

Both the aspects of 'Message Box' and 'Not Useful Votes' form a part of the detailed feedback I have sent to the Rediff Management in response to the proposal for a complete change to the Rediff QNA Format, where-in the existing facility of an easy to access Msg Box will be history if they are to implement it.

I have copied the mail to more than 50 members of this Forum.

To reiterate my personal view, I am totally in favour of the Message Box as it is now.
Answered by Omega, 11 Jul '09 09:55 pm

(5)
 (0)
9.

Message box should be there. It should remain open as it is as right now. There is consideration by Rediff team to convert it in to scrap as it is in ORKUT. I think if that is done the characteristic feature of QNA , that makes it different from other sites will be lost. Open message box is USP for QNA.
Answered by Tushar Kher, 11 Jul '09 07:42 pm

(4)
 (1)
10.

If u want,u can make frnds here nad chat wid them.....if u just want to ask questions and rep them..its ur own wish...so its an individual wish.......We cant delete the msg box frm this forum......We just hv to come here and accept the things as they are......So best of luck Minati.....bye and enjoy life..........
Answered by riddhima sahai, 12 Jul '09 04:37 pm

(4)
 (0)

Q.

Credit for popularity of Nano goes to Ratan Tata himself. Though he has inherited the great Tata empire he has not contributed anything much to its gr..more

Answered by Shyam