MUSIC : Which songs have stayed with you over the decades? What has been so special about them? Can you mention the songs and their relevance please?
Lag ja gale se phir (when I feel for my dream love)
O mere shahe khuba ( its confession that if you are with me i dont need others)
Jeevan se bhari teri ankhe ( imagination of beauty) how beautiful my love is that inspires me to live
Dil dhundta hai (solo by bhupinder) ( when I am sad it helps me to assuage my pain, my sorrows)
Naam gum jayega ( this song builds confidence that I will be remembered)
Kabhi khud pe kabhi halat pe rona aya( this is to understand realty , and accept truth)
Aur isi dil me kya rakhha hai ( its the best song to express that you are mine )
Rim jhim gire sawan( rainy melody with love)
Tum jo mil gaye ho( you are desired and glad to get you in life) ...more
Some of the best songs are:
1) "Tera mera pyar amar" from the film "Asli Naqli"
2) " Pyar kiya do dharna kiya" From the film "Mughal E azam"
3) " Kora Kakaz Tha yeh mann mera" from the film "Aradhana"
4) " Yeh Mera prem pathra padkar" from the film "Sangam"
5) " Ajare aap mera dhil pukara" from the film "Aah"
6) "Mein chali Mein chali" From the film "Professor"
In Tamil:( OLDIES) ...more
Kishore Kumar .... has been my choice from the past .... oo mere dil ke chain .... hum bewafaa .... chalte chalte mere ye geet .... maana janaab ne pukaara nahi .... ek ladki bheegi bhaagi see .... pal pal dil ke pass .... have been a few of the most soulful songs of his :-)
Although, as i belong to the current era, I like the songs of this new generation more .... the super duper mega hits such as .... tum se hee .... kaise mujhe .... teri ore .... khuda jaane ke .... kuch khaas hai .... tera hone laga hoon .... and hundreds of peaceful romantic numbers like these .... if just provides enough food to the mind to be kool .... i personally, like to go extremely deep into the tunes, the strings, the drums, the piano, the violin, the flute, the guitar, and feel each n every bit of the song .... and trust me .... it relaxes the soul as anythin ...more
aaja piya tohe pyar doon
ke baare me kya khayal hai...
baaki list bhi chahiye kya?
diena, mann vijay karein dusaron ki jai se pahale, khud ko jai karein...........very inspiring song.
This happened in one of our mehfils, held at my friend's house. Some 25-30 persons were listening the songs with interest. After some songs I started " Jhuki jhuki si nazar"originally sung
by the great singer Jagjit Singh. The song started....
Jhuki jhuki si nazar , Bekaraar hai ke nahee
Dabaa dabaa sa sahee, Dil me pyaar hai ke nahee
Tu apane dil ki jawaan dhadkano ko
geen ke bataa
Meri taraha tera dil, Bekaraar haike nahee.. ...more
Like that in josna's list no 6, the girl ask her man poetically how is he after he was attacked by some assailants and injured very badly.
Well dear, you know the speed of perception is so fast that I am unable to type everything here. It ca only be felt
But to add one more feather to that list of Josna, there is one song from the Tamil Film ' Ratha Thilagam' (Mea ...more
Itni Shakti Hamen dena Daataa, Mann ka vishwaas kamzor hoi na.....
They are part of my life. I am wedded to them.
1. Nanha Munna rahi hoon , desh ka sipahi hoon , bolo mere sang jai hind....(this song takes me back to 40+ years when I used to get myself dressed up in a milatary uniform , considering myself a tru sipahi protecting the country....-))
2. O mere dil ke chain, chain aaye mere dil ko dua kijiye....(my eldest sister used to sing this song frequently when I was in school in its earlier part....this song reminds me how we all bros n sis. used to enjoy our togetherness....)
3. Jo hamne dastan apni sunai, aap kyon roye...(I am connecting this song wid my mother....who never left any stone unturned to make us feel that she is always there , and we dont need to worry abt anything in this world...)
4. Hum Tum dono jab mil jaayenge , ek naya itihas banayenge....(A promise for me)
5.Jab bhi yeh dil udas hota hai, jaane kaun aash paas hota hai.....(a companion when i feel infinitly alone..)
6. Zindagi har kdam ek naijung hai....jeet jaayenge hum , tun a ...more
my favorite "pankha hoti to ud atti re .........." may be from parasmani i think so.....