Q.

In a scenarios where a corrupt politician corrupts at the same time delivered for the progress and where a honest politician rule very honestly and does not deliver whom do you prefer? There are so many samples for this. Pratap Singh Kairon, Karunanidhi, Jeyalalitha, Dayanidhi Maran in the first category A.K.Antony in the second category.comment

Tags: category, politician, singh
Asked by Josna, 29 Oct '11 08:21 am

1.

I would firstly object to your choice of words. Policitians should govern and not "rule" over us. People beleive that politicians should "rule" over us, and thats the biggest shame.

Secondly i would object to your choice of examples. I dont agree that Karunanidhi or Jeyalalitha has had any positive effect on progress.

As far as your question goesgiven a choice between honesty and efficiency, i think i would chose honesty. Because he/she will do as he says. It is the corrupt people who will be stopping the automatic progress of the nation. In this, i assume that none of the 2 play vote-bank politics.
Answered by RAJAN MHAMAI, 29 Oct '11 03:23 pm

(0)
 (0)
2.

Corruption makes Loss of Dignity and Self-esteem.. Though Corruption generates Wealth in few hands but it makes you power and others your dependent.. Though the prosperity you see only an eye-wash since it give only a material (infrastructure).. but it does not give human index..

If progress of Karunandhi, Jayalalitha and Maran is seen.. the people wud not hv sold their Self-respect for the sake of Freebies.. Power makes Polity beggers..

Whereas, AK Antony,, did not distribute freebies but got into politics thru his credibility.. People trust him more than Karuna / Maran / Jaya..

I prefer those politicians, that will generate Self-Esteem in the Society.. than making them at receiving end.
Answered by Sharmila Bose, 29 Oct '11 08:31 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

I will prefer the likes of ..........LAL BAHADUR SHASHTRI..........only.
Answered by INDER VIG, 29 Oct '11 04:04 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

I would judge a doctor by his skill in treating patient and not how honest or dishonest he is as a person. It makes no difference to me whether the doctor is a crook or saint so long he is absolutely honest in his profession. At the same time I would judge a saint or holy man by his moral and ethical standard and by what he contributes to the society. A politician I will judge by his ability to govern and not his moral character. I admire Modi as a politician (though in human values he rates very low), I hate Mamatha though she may be honest and down to earth but as a minister she had brought anarchy to her department.
Answered by Shyam, 29 Oct '11 11:56 am

(0)
 (0)
5.

The question is dubious and wrong
Politicians or any one can deliever honestly
same development or even better development can be done without corruption
and this is what all desire
Politicians have gone to so low now and want us to beleive that development without corruption is not possible
they are cheating themselves and the nation
Answered by Ajeebdastan, 29 Oct '11 11:33 am

(0)
 (0)
6.

This qn is raised becoz, we have knowingly or unknowingly accepted Corruption/ Bribe/ scam as part of life.
We are ready to accept the leaders u mentioned, even though they are accused of corruption.
Now a days we have only 2 categories
1) Corruptives/ scamsters
2) Who dont get oppurtunity to do so
So all are willing to do corruption
Making money is the prime job than service to country!!!!
Answered by hitler, 29 Oct '11 08:24 am

(0)
 (0)