Q.

Who is the King Of Ghazals in Bolly wood, do you quote any one gazal of this Legend ?

Tags: music, sports, environment
Asked by jameel ahmed, 22 Feb '13 04:03 pm

1.

.....it is the great Talat Mehmood......shehanshah-e-ghazal......the man with a velvety and silky voice.........shaam-e-gham ki qasam aaj gamgeen hain hum.
Answered by ashok sharma, 22 Feb '13 04:21 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Jagjit singh was most popular .eg honthon se chulo tum.
Answered by Quest, 22 Feb '13 09:57 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

The king of ghazal in mumbai was mr jagjit singh sarakti jaye hai ruch se nakaab ahista ahista is my favourite
Answered by iqbal seth, 22 Feb '13 04:25 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

TALAT MEHMOOD. In 1944 came the hit Tasveer teri dil mera behela nah sake gi. Its popularity was so phenomenal and unrivalled that even today it remains one of the top selling non-film discs[
Answered by Ataur Rahman, 22 Feb '13 04:12 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Talat mahmood
Answered by Psycho, 22 Feb '13 04:04 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

The number of ghazals that Talat Mehmood has sung and the immense popularity these had at the time of their release and even today these strike a cord with the listeners is unparalleled. So there is no doubt at all that Talat was and will continue to be the King of Ghazals in Bollywood and the reason for the absolute certainty in my statement is due to the fact that Ghazal as form of poetry is on the decline in India and I cant remember the last time I had heard ghazals in modern bollywood music. Yes there were some beautiful ghazals rendered by Jagjit Singh and Chitra Singh in the movies Saath-Saath and Arth and these movies got released in the eighties. Yes there has been an occasional ghazal sung by Jagjit Singh and Pankaj Udhas in between, but that has been a rarity.
Answered by Manoj Adwani, 25 Feb '13 06:18 pm

(0)
 (0)