Q.

More than 40,000 Indian nationals are currently studying at various tertiary institutions in my country - Australia.

I would be interested in hearing from readers who have studied in this country as to whether their time in Australia was an enjoyable and rewarding experience.

If it was not, I would like to know why.

I would point out that I currently have an Indian boy staying with me and he is a very good ambassador for his country.

Tags: australia, country, indian boy
Asked by Michael Gamble, 11 Apr '08 04:48 am

1.

It depends you people how u like indians if you will respect them then they will grateful for this kind oblization.
Answered by pranav kumar, 11 Apr '08 04:50 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

I've been to your nation (Australia) on a business tour. I enjoyed the open minded "in your face" attitude the people there had- our people here could use some of that :) I had a good time in Australia, but the place was WAYYYYYY to "first world" like for me to consider living there.........

I never really settled down comfortably in developed countries, I like the chaos of the developing world :) Hmmmm....my tastes are just a bit "unconventional." Like- I would rather live in Pyongyang rather than in Seoul (after having been to those 2 places).
Answered by A Moin, 27 Apr '08 10:43 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

It is indeed great of you to have kept one Indian boy to stay with you and you feel happy with him. I am sure the Indian youngsters who have returned after studying in Australia, must have been greatly benefitted by their studies there.
Answered by raman, 11 Apr '08 06:41 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

THANKS FOR HAVING A REAL GOOD OPINION ABOUT INDIANS . WE HAVE ALWAYS ELATED THE NAME OF OUR GREAT COUNTRY INDIA WHERE EVER WE HAVE VISITED THE WORLD
Answered by abdul hameed khan, 11 Apr '08 04:50 am

(0)
 (0)
5.

he is good ambassador till he dont get permanent papers ha ha
Answered by jatt singh, 14 Apr '08 01:06 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

Dr Nachiketa Das,Japan,had said at the website: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/opinions/msid-2774771,curpg-3. cms, "I am glad that the TOI has published an article on physical assaults on Indian students in Australia. The article describes attacks in Melbourne but does not report the happenings in Sydney where the situation is far worse. In late 2006 and early 2007 the violent attacks on Indian students in Sydney became so numerous that the Indian consulate in Sydney advertised in the Indian community newspapers appealing to the Indian students to come forward and report the incidents to the consulate as well as to the NSW police. I appeal to the Indian media both print and electronic to investigate the plight of these helpless Indian students in Australia. The article in TOI mentions `many private agents in India, misguiding students` is one hundred percent correct. I would advise the Indian students to boycott Australian universities and Australian education, which is of a v ...more
Answered by Jack Johnson, 11 Apr '08 06:37 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

The late Shri P.M. Sayeed, who was born on May 10, 1941 and died at the age of 64 on December 10, 2005, was a member of the Indian National Congress p..more

Answered by Akshay Kalbag