Q.

While attending a marriage the guests mostly give cash contained in an envelope as a gift to the newlyweds.Many a time I have seen a person or two collecting the envelopes.But the thing that struck me was two persons sitting and collecting the envelopes , opening the envelope then and there , counting the money and entering it with the name of the guest in a register.I somehow feel this is not decent.What fdo you say?

Tags: person, money, relationships
Asked by HEMANT MEHTA, 03 Sep '10 07:00 pm

1.

Many cash presentations at the time of marriages are interest free advances Or re-payment of interst free loans. No love and affection we will find in them.
Answered by LIPSIKA, 03 Sep '10 07:23 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

I have seen this in Tamil nadu people opening the cover an entering in register.
Itseems they will open this register when their turn will come to present something
to the same family....
Answered by masumi, 09 Sep '10 01:02 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Actually envelopsshould not be open in public but in a room with family members.actually money should be given in sealed envelops.
Answered by Ramesh Agarwal, 05 Sep '10 09:27 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Yes , I fully agree with ur feelings that immediate opening of envelops before guests is not appropriate as it reveals the exact cash given by them and become comparable with others . Sometimes thay may have to face blushing as they have not given as much as others have . To avoid the situation the best course is to collect all envelops and store them in a safe purse or bag and take them down on a register later in free time .
Answered by sk singh, 05 Sep '10 10:45 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

Money matter has become a war in this ghor kali yug.
More you accept this cruelty more life will become pleasant.
There is no other go, Boss !
Answered by Prakash Chandra, 04 Sep '10 01:37 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

For your first question answer is nowadays space in mumbai is so much congested that to keep gift no storage space,other is chance of duplication of things like lemonset ,tea set etc.if you give money it will give relief to newly wedsto purchase things they want.Again in mumbai you may not be aware one dish cost anything from rs 250 to 400 and many times relative of restraunant servants or marriage hall servants come well dressedand join for dinner.it is better to issue dinner passes with wedding invitation and to bring by guests.Again some cheaters come and steal whole bag of envelopesnow you cannot trust any body. actually this has happened with our acquaintance in a small town,.I would better give a/c payee crossed cheque in name of boy or girl.there is nothing wrong in properly organising events with changing time
Answered by Harsh Mehta, 03 Sep '10 08:31 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Cash, mr mehta , is always useful. if every one gives some item or other as gift, most of them will be duplicate and each and every gift may not be useful to the couple or the faimilies , and they may also not like it. in my view it is alway better to give cash, as this can be used as required by the faimily or the groom and bride,
at times, the cash IS substantial and does help the hosts. i receoved about 57 items as gift in my daughters marriage and only three were useful rest 54 had to be circulated in other functions /marriageds,. and the cash I got was much more than the cost of the venue itself ( which was very high) and i know the cash did help me a lot
Answered by iqbal seth, 03 Sep '10 07:23 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Yes looks like a shop. But what to do, this is being followed for the last few decades
Answered by hitler, 03 Sep '10 07:16 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Yes , these type of things take place in marriages , I find many people invite friends and relatives to the marriages with a sole purpose of getting money gifts .
Answered by venkatesaldevarajan, 03 Sep '10 07:07 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

This appears to be more like a donation than a gift!!
Answered by QueSera Sera, 03 Sep '10 07:04 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

The tallit (also pronounced tallis) is a prayer shawl, the most authentic Jewish garment. It is a rectangular-shaped piece of linen or wool.In some Je..more

Answered by Ataur Rahman