Q.

Which COMEDY film was "humour well told' as per you? which appeals more to you...the witty,slapstick,situational or a mix masala kind,with heavy doses of wit/pun etc thrown in?

Asked by shintsie, 28 Feb '09 08:42 pm

1.

Golmaal the original Amol Palekar one and Jane Bhi Do Yarron. I have watched both in subtitles but have thoroughly enjoyed em
Answered by Saj Sierra, 01 Mar '09 02:15 pm

(0)
 (0)

2.

Chupke Chupke starring Dharmendra, Amitabh Bachchan, Sharmila Tagore, Jaya Bachchan, Om Prakash, David, Asrani and Keshto Mukherjee. It was released in 1975 and was directed by the great Hrishikesh Mukherjee. It was a laugh riot right from the beginning and we almost fell off from our seats laughing. The story goes as follows(source:Wikipedia) Professor Parimal Tripathi (Dharmendra) is a botany professor who falls in love with Sulekha Chaturvedi (Sharmila Tagore) during a women's college botany excursion. Prof. Parimal Tripathi helps the bungalow watchman to get to his village downhill to enable him to see his grandson who's fallen ill. Meanwhile he disguises as the bungalow watchman to protect the old man's job. Sulekha finds out one day about the cover-up and is charmed on seeing Parimal's real personality. They both get married. Parimal loves playing pranks and is the antithesis of regular professors. Sulekha, on the other hand is in awe by her jijaji (brother-in-law) Raghav ...more
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 28 Feb '09 09:38 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

In Hindi, I have many before me, and they have provided those moments to our lives when we badly need pure form of entertainment that assists your temper to low down. Distinguished among all is none other than PADOSAN ~ Perfect candidate to have your flag as Humour Well Told.. The is surely one and only film that can and must be preserved in museum as showcase for art studying students and as an example of how to make a full explosion of wit and comedy. We have DVD of this supreme entertainment and you can bet even if you are in the darkest clouds of depression for any given reason, you are bound to have your eyes and cheeks glowing in delight to watch that craze of comedy unfolding before you. The four friends are coming forward to help another simpleton friend who is badly fallen in love of a LA BELLE DAME SANS MERCI. She is hard to win and since Lakhpati ki Kanya she is, no wonder lives in paradise kind atmosphere and nurtures music. Her South Indian music teacher is the desperado b ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 01 Mar '09 07:32 pm

(0)
 (0)
4.

Khoobsoorat -((-the Rekha starrer),,,Itni si baat ,,Angoor,,,,Golmaal,,,(Amol palekar) Baby's day out,,,Honey u shrunk the kids,,are all enjoyable and they dont give u time to look or think any thing else --------------but my comedies has been The Fountain and The Scindller's list --------------one obviously ---love is always a comedy for it being an unending process ---u love the love and it multiplies manyfolds---------------and second for the love of humanity -----------if a Prayas ----sees its comic end in its lifetime and saves many ------------it motivates everybody to try it out not for self ,,,but for many suffering others ------------hope u agree with my views Shints ------------
Answered by RAJESH, 01 Mar '09 09:47 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

Golmaal ( new) , hungama ,nayee padosan .etc
Answered by parul advani, 01 Mar '09 06:45 pm

(0)
 (0)
6.

In 1970s, 'Chitti Chitti Bang Bang' a comedy film for children, still not replaced by any in that category. In recent years, 'The Mask' is a comedy cum serius film.
Answered by sankaran subbiah, 01 Mar '09 05:33 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

I like witty and situational comedies. In Hindi my all time favorites are Chhote Miyan Bade Miyan and Shola aur Shabnam. Besides I liked few other like Main Khiladi, Tu anaari. In English, I like the humor of Indiana Jones very much. I can even see part 5, 6 and 7 without feeling bored. When it comes to Comedy, I liked Rush Hour series. The Nutty Professor is gross. I don't know if American Sweethearts can be called a comedy or not. But well it was well told humorus story. Then this comedy is great - I saw somewhere in 1986 - Hold Up. The stroy was of two jobless young men "making a Hold up" at a local bank branch with toy guns and red inks. They take few hostages and ask them to face the wall. One of them fakes the shooting of another one acting as a hostage and the other one dies with red ink spread around. The movie takes a funny turn, when the police outside accepts the demand and the "dead" man happily gets up to hug his friend. Then they strike a dea ...more
Answered by manish varma, 01 Mar '09 02:20 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

I dont want to crack my brain for any old movies.Anyway, recently seen Partner and Dostana are 2 movies which I enjoyed thoroughly. Partner is the movie in which Govinda simple man with humour totally depends on Love guru to get trained in every way from winning the girl's heart to love making during Honeymoon.Dostana a movie of pure Frienship.
Answered by Rachana, 01 Mar '09 11:46 am

(0)
 (0)
9.

Had kar de apne
Answered by sabir sk, 28 Feb '09 08:44 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Dr. C.Rangarajan, Chairman, Twelfth Finance Commission. Tel Nos: Office: 23701110, 23701111. Residence: 23703607. E-Mail: chrtfc@nic.in..more