Q.

Chhor sab sakhiyaan saheli...
saanwale gudde se kheli...
Meerabai epitomises love,with a devotion,acceptance and beauty unmatched...which historical/mythical character is of the same kind as per you?

Asked by shintsie, 13 Jul '09 09:34 pm

1.

For me it is Urmila, Lakshman's wife, who got such a love, devotion, dedication and acceptance. She was a great scholar and was proficient in painting. When she came to know that Lakshman is going to accompany Ram and Sita to forest for 14 years, she didn't even utter a single word of protest, instead she urged Lakshman to do it soon and prayed for his success. She was such a virtuous wife, she wanted only her husband's happiness, which in turn is in serving Ram and Sita. Before going she wanted Lakshmana to give her a promise.
She said, "You are going to live in the forest without me for fourteen years. It is
possible that you would think of me and mention my name at some time or the
other. So, I want you to promise that you would not think of me or mention my
name at any point of time. Contemplate constantly on the divine names of Sita
and Rama and serve them with all sincerity and devotion. If I accompany
Answered by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 16 Jul '09 01:20 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

While the name ``Meera`` is irrefutable while considering the epitomizing the love with devotion, acceptance, I still wish to go with a name that may sound weird when we are giving highlight on loving a single person. It is okay with Meera to whom there is no one beyond Krishna, though sociologically speaking married to a mortal man namely Raanaji; but there (in mythology) is a girl whose devotion and acceptance of the situation is unmatched and many had raised question on her role as an ideal wife. She is none other than `Draupadi`. As per her fate or destiny she were to marry five brothers and yet according to my opinion Draupadi still symbolizes the idol of love and devotion. Though she was share physical intimacy with each Pandava in turn, deep within her would she had a special place for the true winner Arjun. It is mentioned in the Holy sacred scriptures that once during her time with Yudhishthir (that damned poker/dice player) she saw Arjun`s bow lying around and in a fit of pas ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 15 Jul '09 04:22 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Mahaprabhu Chaitanya dev who was pioneer of the Vaisnav religion. He was so much in love with the Lord Krishna that he used to see existence of Krisna not only in animals but also in plants , trees flowers etc.It was he who first introduced worship of Lord Krishna through Sankirtan and Nagar Sankirtan taking along with him the down trodden people of the society . Days in and days out he usedtostand before the deity of Lord Jagannath in Puri andused to cry . he was , it is said, brutally murdered by group of vested interest, who did not like his closeness with the oppressed people.The members of ISCON are also his followers. He had shown how love can win everything , how love can break barriers of society , how love takes one life to generate millions lives blossiming with love and love only ---JAI JAGANNATH SWAMI / NAYANOPATHAGAMI / BHABATU MAY !
Answered by HARIJIBAN BANERJEE, 14 Jul '09 06:19 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

One mythical character coming to my mind is epitome of love and devotion Bajrang Bali Shri Hanuman, who because of selflessness and piety, was bestowed blessings by several Gods, which made Him mighty and powerful beyond compare.
Answered by Sudaru Bahar, 14 Jul '09 01:48 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Ok
Answered by Rohan Katkade, 13 Jul '09 09:40 pm

(1)
 (0)