Q.

Evil has nowhere else been portrayed with such mastery as in the evil character of Iago.-A C Bradley.
This is the character 'Langda Tyagi" played by Saif Ali Khan in the movie Omkara.
A lot of analysis of this character has been done over the yrz n none cud be sure of the motive of this master evil person. Ppl hav been generous in steeping him with the choicest of bad names.
My question is wat if ever u r labeled as such (altho this is a fictitious character and u will hardly come across such a person in real life) wud u say like Iago said- Demand me nothing. What you know, you know..??

Tags: person, money, relationships
Asked by sumita ganguly, 25 Jul '10 09:39 am

1.

When I saw the movie Omkara for the first time - I was inculcating a thinking in my mind - the clear depiction of Iswar (Langda Tyagi) as Lago - Omi as Othello Dolly as Desdemona, Naseeruddin as duke of Venice Rajju as Roderigo and my dream gal Konkona as Emilia (sorry I forgot to talk about Billo Rani - ha ha ha Binaca..) .. it was definitely a new addition in Hindi Film to copy Shakespearean concept but... something was whirling in mind.. and after so many days - I found a question giving shape to my incoplete question that time in mind ... Thanks ... for the question..... I feel when a person gets inspired to inculcate the dark side of own life, and want to go in depth so strikingly, he / she does the best justice to his own conviction, determination and education achieved so far - the person is ready to introspect deep to have the glimpses o f his / her real core (may be you are one of those personalities) ... how the stealthy tempter invades the heart - by what struggles gets ent ...more
Answered by Titu Sha, 25 Jul '10 09:01 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Yours is an interesting question, actually. Iago is an amazing villain. I dont believe it has anything to do with Iago actually believing Othello betrayed his wife at any point. It has a lot more to do with who Iago is. He is someone who doesn't seem to care much about anything, except doing what he considers best for himself at a time, but not in the way of other Shakespearean "bad guys." Iago and his "honesty", can actually set you thinking...I mean the guy is so "double-faced." The fact that he suspects Othello of sleeping with Emilia gives him a reason for doing what he does. It is because he loves messing up people's lives that he continues even after he has got his revenge. He didn't really have to have Desdemona killed, did he...? Whatever the reason, the way he goes about ruining Othello's life is just so brilliant and clever. I can't really see how any reason he gives could justify what he does, I am starting to think he just wanted to do it because it gave him power and enj ...more
Answered by Dil Se, 25 Jul '10 11:14 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

I adore your knowledge ......Coz I know zero about your charactor mentioned.
Answered by LAYMAN, 25 Jul '10 10:23 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

Yes,i find it strange
Answered by anil garg, 10 Mar '11 05:38 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Landa tyagi or langda tyagi????..more

Answered by prathamesh mhatre