Q.

Sometimes we feel that a movie which we liked so much during our school/college days is not that interesting now. Other times we couldn't yet find a movie that is more interesting than a movie which we enjoyed a lot, years back. Do you have such experiences? Can you name a movie which falls in either of the categories?

Tags: money, health, entertainment
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 08 Feb '10 11:20 am

1.

No doubt that this kind of `Going Down the Memory Lane` provides a peculiar kind of dilemma in the minds of viewers especially when he/she wishes to have a second review of the movie of `All Time Memorable` in the mind. On the meter of `Time` many conceptions are bound to get the new definition of our likings and when one thing which was very much praiseworthy on Monday, may not be the same on Tuesday; simply because there is a vast ocean between Monday and Tuesday that compels us to judge the merit of the movie on new dimension and new definition of the appreciation. It surely has a logic of man`s mood, his changing attitudes, his rationality with the new perspectives of life, new rapid developments in and around his life style; and moreover the fastness of life too asks him to use a different glass while leafing thru the pages of yesteryears.

Answered by Indra Pawar, 08 Feb '10 11:25 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Sometimes its a matter of particular moments....certainly we never forget the movies we used to enjoy most during our school/college days, but on a particular moment of time u may not enjoy the movie as much as u used to, but u may enjoy the same movie on a different moment of time ...bcoz the so called mood plays an important role here...the child, the youth always remain within us, but it differs 4m person to person with respect to the fact that under how many layers of present day's activities, the same are forced to get hybernated....whenever we tend to unfold the said layers and we must give it a chance...may be the same enjoyment will be there....basically , it depend upon till when you can keep alive the child within you.....in fact its more difficult to enjoy the present day movies than to have the same enjoyment from watching the old one's......bcoz the old one's still carries the days of our learning of the basics....undoubtedly , very very good movies are being screened in ...more
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 10 Feb '10 12:06 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

If there would have an award for wide verities of Qn, Muktha you would have been unanimous choice....it reflects a lot on your excellent upbringing, besides your continued interest in worldly things ! I agree with what Indra has said, I always believed that as we grew up,our perceptions,interest too undergo change with the times as we acquire maturity in our thinking.But, then there are certain things which never change despite the 'Time" Like In my childhood, I was facinated by Folk dancers,nd singers and continue to have same perceptionn n intensity of interests.Similar is the case when it comes tofilms featuring Devanand , even today at this 50+age, I have same interest n respect, craze for Devanands' romantic movies. This is something to do I being great fan of him as Dilip Kumars' films like Madhumati which I saw 3/4 times in my College days....now even an idea of going to see Madhumati drives me crazy (i dinot mean any disrespect ton Dalips' fans-Sorry ).It happens
Answered by UMESH SHARMA, 09 Feb '10 07:44 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Hi Muktha, for me certain movies which had captured my mind long back still are my favourite ones.My mother had a collection of nice movies so it was easy for me to watch those movies quite often when I wished to see them among them 2 are my favourites .One is SILSILA and otner one is MASOOM. Even today i enjoy watching these moves.People looked so gorgeous in those movies ,the beautiful locations, the beautifuly pictured songs ,the dramatic sequences and the mind blowing performances of Amiji, Rekhaji, Jayaji, Sasikapoor, in Silsila and Naseerudin shah and Shabanaji in Masoom.

Silsila was directed by Yash chopra. I still enjoy the romantic song sequence of "Dekha jo khwab to ye silsile hue door tak nighaon me he gul khile hue ", also of the song neela asmaan so gaya also ye kaha aagaye hum yuhi raah chalte chalte, the superb background scene of tulip gardens in Holland and the misty background scence of neela aasmaan.I have never scene a move so beautifully made as Silsila.Rekha ...more
Answered by Rachana, 08 Feb '10 06:01 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

I enjoyed movies with Rekha, Amitabh,Kamal Hasan, Madhuri,and still continue to enjoy with good songs
Generally it happened that when I like movies then songs are not good, when I like songs movie is not good.I like Songs with Rafi and aashaji or lataji and Now alreday answered
Answered by vilas manohar deshpande, 08 Feb '10 05:03 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

I have only watched timeless classic movies even during my teens - the one which I remember is 'Robe'
Answered by gem mina, 08 Feb '10 04:04 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

As the saying goes 'old is gold',so goes for even the movies.A golden era that has passed by ,can never be replaced.As kids we didn't get to watch too many movies,the habit cultivated only later during our teens.I immensely loved watching all Hrishikesh M's films,esp Anand,Khubsurat,Chupke Chupke,Guddi,Mili,Golmaal etc.We adored AB n Jaya,Sharmila,even now I don't miss an opportunity to gape at them on TV.I also loved watching the English 'Crazy Boys' series,so hilarious hardly get to see it now.Apart from these there are some more movies which I loved immensely like Sholay,a masterpiece of all times.I would also like to mention a few Bengali movies which I wouldn't mind watching again like Banchharamer Bagan,Sister,Shotru (Ranjit Mullick) being one of my favs.There's one film'Kaho na pyar hai' that of course doesn't belong to those times,yet I really don't mind watching it again n again.
Answered by shuvra dey, 08 Feb '10 02:30 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Tamil films are very performance-oriented, so to say. Yes, the 'masala' elements help, even today, but I, first and foremost, like to see the actors first, and then the direction, scipt, etc. Therefore I can't help but be biased when making my selection. My three favourite actors, Sivaji, Kamal and Rajini make their appearance again and again in this list. Sorry. Gouravam: Sivaji's powerhouse performance and Vietnam Veedu Sundram's writing and direction are examples of brilliant use of talent and writing. Never had an anti-hero portrayed so vividly and tragically. The dialogues and the acting is still up here in my mind. I have watched it so many times and am still astounded by this giant of an actor's performance. As I said, still the best. Sivaji's overacting in its best use. Kudos also to Pandaribhai who plays the long suffering wife of the elder Sivaji. Credit also goes to Major Sunderajan, Mali, Nagesh and the very young Y.G. Mahendran. The court scenes, though overdramatic by tod ...more
Answered by Dil Se, 08 Feb '10 12:20 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Well...Muktha...I guess I shud come in the second category u hav mentioned in ur question...as I hav alwaz felt the some movies of the past hav left a mark on me for a longer time.
The old Hindi n Bengali movies which I had watched as child tho I cud not understand wat was the chemistry between the actors n actresses...but surely the faces haunt me wen I watch a movie of similar theme in recent days...n I yearn for those past masterpieces like Saptapadi(B)...Grihadaho(B)...Guddi..Abhimaan...Aandhi...Sholay.. .so on.
Then there was this particular movie of Amir Khan n Juhi Chawla which simply touches me deep even to this day...Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak...maybe coz I watched it in my school days ...or the songs...it left such a mark in my heart....:)
Answered by sumita ganguly, 08 Feb '10 12:02 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Yes. oruthalai ragam. During our college days we discuss and praise and wonder about that movie. right now we feel what is in that story except one side love
Answered by ala, 08 Feb '10 11:27 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Director Vishal Bharadwaj is once again at loggerheads with the Censor Board. Earlier, he had to swallow the bitter pill when his Kaminey was granted ..more

Answered by jameel ahmed