Q.

"He came.....we saw.....he conquered..." whom would you like to say these words for?

The person can be anybody....a celebrity, a politician, a sportsperson....or someone known to you.....who is not so known to the world, but you owe something to the person.

Asked by Alankrita Basu, 23 Jun '09 02:27 pm

1.

Alankrita, for this question, right now I have before me just one and only name who is a perfect candidate to see himself fit into the category you chalked out in the form of a question and the fellow of my choice is ROGER FEDERER, the Tennis Icon, the hero unparallel, the guy who is second to none, reigning the world of sports with his ever present charming smile, he is not a mere champion of innumerable trophies including Wimbledon, French, American and Australian Open, but a gentleman, lovable, charming, caring lover, ideal countryman, down to earth attitude, all time graceful movements, and above all his humbleness and decency even in adverse conditions. (On an occasion after winning a major title, he accepted the trophy from Chief Guest, a Royal Family Member, and declared that he would enjoy dinner with ballboys and ballgirls of the tournaments because they had asked him to join the group; and he had promised them for the date. So, skipping the dinner as chief guest among hundred ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 24 Jun '09 02:56 am

(2)
 (0)
2.

Alankrita, for me no celebrity, no politician, no sportsperson can take the place of my loving life partner, in conquering my mind. Of course there are so many known personalities who influenced me a lot, like Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Kalpana Chawla, MS Subbhalakshmi, etc. But this person, my beloved, is in my heart, always inspiring me, encouraging me, supporting me. Today I'm what I'm is because of my parents and him. He is the one who came and we saw and then with his caring and loving deeds he conquered me.
He was a very arrogant and egoistic person during his bachelor days, traits of a self-made man (which he himself told me). But he changed himself for making me happy....as I never liked him fighting with anybody, of course he did this for a good cause. He cannot tolerate injustice, so he used to raise his voice in public, which sometimes I found very embarrassing. He sacrificed many things for my happiness, he loved me and our daughter more than anything.
Answered by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 24 Jun '09 02:03 pm

(3)
 (0)
3.

Barrack Obama - How many knew about him before announcement of his "probable candidature" for democrats. Now he is the most powerful man in the world.
Answered by manish varma, 27 Jun '09 10:04 am

(1)
 (0)
4.

Rahul Gandhi. What a victory that was!
Answered by gem mina, 25 Jun '09 02:51 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Buddha who CAME into this world as a king , SAW the sadness in death , old age and relinquished his kingdom and CONQUERED and destroyed the mind to attain divinity and forever lead humanity in the path of God .
Answered by RAMASWAMY VENKATESH, 23 Jun '09 04:07 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

American President Barrack Obama.
Answered by krishna bhojwani, 23 Jun '09 02:31 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Sachin when he come to batting against pakistan
Answered by venu g, 23 Jun '09 02:29 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Pak crik team
Answered by dhanendra kumar jain, 23 Jun '09 02:35 pm

(0)
 (1)
9.

Very difficult QUESTION.....but let me try....For me its' former President B harat Ratna APJ Kalam. He comes from a poor rural background with a great scintific mind, a through gentleman...a real Ajatshatru.He has achieved so much in his life time and retained nothing for himself.A person entirely dedicated to nation.I recall a small and not known fact of his great personality...my co-brother after his masters in electronics from Roorkee got a lucurative offer from Boeings, US but he preferred to join DRDO.He worked under APJ on Indias missile systems.He was one of the favorites of APJ in the entire team of 20 persons working on system inetgaraton...to ensure smoother transition of rocket from stage I to following stages without 'burn outs'.This team was able to do it at much faster speed n costs.My brother told me that even the Americans were surprised n expressed interes in buying that tech.At a later stage brother fell out with the ministry n filed a suit against resrvation policy i ...more
Answered by UMESH SHARMA, 27 Jun '10 04:42 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

No doubt Roger Federer is a great tennis player but my heart goes with the British Player who could not match Roger's skills at all and his dream of b..more

Answered by amit kumar