Q.

Has any one touched your life in this Forum in an indelible manner and how?

Many of you have been on this Forum for a long time, come to interact with people in a casual manner first, then gone on to establish individual relationship with many, borne out of your own trust, faith and far more important your own conception of each individual you chose to interact.

Would you feel comfortable in saying something about such a experience in what we all refer to as this 'virtual' world?

Asked by Omega, 06 Jan '09 11:04 pm

1.

I can count on one hand those in this Forum who have touched me in an indelible manner and they will surely know who they are. I don't think I'm an easy person to know but somehow there as been a mutual recognition through interaction on the Forum of some common ground. Once that chord has been established rightly or wrongly I don't feel it essential to play a tune on it every day because there is a contentment that the relationship is always there in the background. A reality born out of a virtual world and one for which I am most grateful.
Answered by Janis, 07 Jan '09 06:33 pm

(5)
 (0)
2.

I have been in this forum for long enough and I feel am well qualified to answer your question. During my stint, because moderator blocked me once after reaching HOF, I came across many, who became my friends. Then the virtual friendship flourished. It went beyond usual GM, GE, GN messages and other customary greetings. We exchanged information about our families, our life styles, our likes and dislikes, but then suddenly one day they disappeared. They disappeared simply into the thin air; without any trace, never to come back. Some of them do comeback still after a long spell to say Hi, hello; and to leave a scrap. They call me at their will; but I cannot call them up if I want. I want to tell them I am not at their mercy, but out of common courtesy, I do not say that. Their unceremonious departure has not left me devastated as usually happens mostly in real relationships. I have come to terms with such situations. I have learned that these things must happen in all such virtual relat ...more
Answered by Jack Johnson, 07 Jan '09 03:54 pm

(3)
 (1)

3.

When i joined here....I was definitely not interested in making friends....I believed in being friendly but not "friends"....if u know what i mean....... One incident shook the faith i had in my own judgement...that i decided to be aloof and not encourage any attempt at friendships.....

I feel friendships need much much more than regular GM msgs and general casual chats and it requires mutual trust and honest communication....and unless both sides have that kind of instinctive connection and trust to open up and also sustain it...it is very difficult to develop real relationship out of virtual one.... The cross over from virtual to real relationships can be a disappointment because the real world brings along its expectations, assumptions, disappointments etc....whereas in a virtual world...one can always shrug it off saying that it is after all virtual.
Answered by sumitha, 07 Jan '09 06:53 pm

(4)
 (3)
4.

I Guess this Virtual world does have sum REAL individuals and its fun to interact with them...i have made sum gud friends here..no regrets:-)
Answered by nikita, 07 Jan '09 04:39 pm

(5)
 (6)
5.

I've a small story to tell before answering this question..... I met a Person here n befriended her 15 months back. Since day one I was highly interested in whatever she talked about and same was the story at her end. The feeling grew and we became great friends. Day was spent thinking about her, waiting and the night was spent talking with her. Anxiousness, anxiety and hope my world started revolving around these three coordinates. No matter how long we used to chat, saying bye was always a treacherous job.No matter what our mood set was, once together nobody could stop us from smiling and laughing. I became her clown and her smile became my reward. Not a single day passed by when we didn't meet and chat. We told each other everything, to the minutest of the details possible. We started understanding each other better than ourselves. Half said sentences were fully understood. The smile and eyes were good enough to tell us what the other is thinking about. One bad day she decided to le ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 07 Jan '09 06:42 pm

(6)
 (3)
6.

I am impreesed with Minati Vishkarma a lot. she is so good to me. keeps me always smiling. My special thanks go to Ved prakash sharma, who I consider my bhaiya g. All members in the hall of fame have impressed me. I never interacted any fake person in this forum for a long. whoever I share my answers or comments are all good people who have taught me a lot from their experiences. Special thanks to Omega sir for his knowledge he shares with us all. Pooja Batra is another personality who cares for me a lot. who to leave and who to include is now my dilema. All are good in this forum.
Answered by ankit shivam, 07 Jan '09 01:53 pm

(6)
 (2)
7.

A virtual social life,is how i see it....a lot many ppl,a lot many acquaintances ,who came across and became pally...few stayes on and got real...and thereon blossomed beautiful relationships....which surprisingly,are important enough to ignore the real world too....a few have been like achievements....i have often been accused of giving away too much in a relationship,most unsuspectingly....here,this trait of mine,never backfired....ever....those who are close,are dependable,warm,understanding,compassionate,witty,caring and very very bothered. the real test of time is not seen by any ,but then,i just cant doubt .....cause i have immense faith in the power of committment of the mind and heart....here everything is based on intellect,thoughts and viewpoints....and nothing can be more beautiful and fulfilling...i am truly grateful to my friend,who forced me to be part of this forum,caue if she hadnt,i would have remained unknown to such awesome,truly gifted and wonderful people....who ha ...more
Answered by shintsie, 08 Jan '09 12:56 pm

(4)
 (5)
8.

Friends in a forum where 90% of the people dont reveal their identity ? Let us first get over this Alpha, Beta, Gamma business......
Answered by soumitra majumdar, 07 Jan '09 12:39 am

(4)
 (5)
9.

As Ankit said, not only one, but a no. of people can be included in the list. and it would always be a dilemma of whom to include and whom to leave. As regards inedible - well some experiences are.
Minticool and Ankit Shivam met me with their respective families. They expressed great warmth and they had that "human touch", not " virtual touch", when they met me. Ankit Shivam drove more than one hundred miles to meet me. Cocktail Raj was highly busy with his boss' visit, but somehow overworked a day before at double the speed to finish the works in time to meet me. Joyoti Sen bought a new headphone to chat.
==
I would be one shameless and ungrateful person, if I forget these touching emotions. They made a real world in this virtual world.
==
Answered by manish varma, 08 Jan '09 06:22 am

(5)
 (2)
10.

Today let me freelout the Truth and let me get the joy of saying what i have to say,
Yes yes surely and there is one person who impacted me a lot., and that is our beloved friend Ankit Shivam , ha ha ha its really a laughing matter but seriously , in the beginning when i would put any questions or give answers always i would moniter this ankit as to the number of responses he would get and more so his gopikas answering him and not me ha ha ha i became jealous of ankit , so much so that while i would go in the morning walk i would think whats there so much in ankit that he gets so many responses and so on , and other mind of mine would alert me to be thinking positively and not be jealous of anyone or proud of myself., and so i started having a special respect and love for ankit , and its his so sweet nature that made me change my negative thinking of jealousiness to positive thinking and friendliness. thats where i became very happy to remove that ego which was very important to be ...more
Answered by KishoranandVittalMangalore, 07 Jan '09 12:45 pm

(5)
 (1)

Q.

All the 5 members in my friends list & apart from them Ginger (with capital letter G) Lucky G, Bholu G, U.T G, Indian Ocean & few more who makes me fe..more

Answered by Gypsy