Q.

Can a person whole lives alone can ever be happy and lead a fulfilling life?

Asked by sumitha, 06 Dec '09 03:36 pm

1.

Yes of course - alone does not mean lonely. Life is what you make it. I lived alone for a great many years and loved every bit of it. In fact is was the making of me - I was involved with many things, had a busy social life and there was never a dull moment. Living alone holds no fear for me.
Answered by Janis, 06 Dec '09 11:45 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

No one wants to live alone by choice, circumstances force some to live alone. They discover they are not leading a fulfilling life. There is always a gap in their life, which can never be bridged.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 06 Dec '09 04:06 pm

(1)
 (0)

3.

If you know what you are getting into and CHOOSE it willfully then I don't see any reason why one can't live alone and be happy. The problem arises when it isn't your choice but you are forced to live alone. I personally don't feel that living alone has any demerits at all.
Answered by rajneesh Rediff, 06 Dec '09 05:21 pm

(4)
 (0)
4.

I do not have a direct answer to your question but I have made few observations:

a) In the earlier part of my boyhood and later part of my adulthood, I was nothing but loner only. I do not remember how happy I used to be but life was so less problematic. Problems started once again when I started mixing with people...making friends. I have always made a mess in my life when someone put me in a position where I could hurt him/her, trusting that I would not.

B) Being with people always make me vulnerable with emotions and feelings. Life seemed less troubled a year back when I was living alone in Pune.

C) A loner can concentrate more towards his/her goal than those who are sharing their life with others.

Answered by prashant sharma, 09 Dec '09 06:22 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

He/she can provided he can enjoy his/her loneliness.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 07 Dec '09 02:55 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Yes. Why not. Less burden & bodages means more happiness and satisfaction ha ha ha ha ha
Answered by peekay first, 07 Dec '09 12:44 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

I don't know about others. Some may be having a reason to feel good about it and it may not be right to doubt their view point because what and how that person feels about being alone and how they enjoy it or feel miserable about the state of affairs is their's alone and none who is not in their shoes can ever get to understand it the way they feel about it. I am not talking about the great saints like Buddha or the great people who have lived that existence from time immemorial to the present day. I am talking about ordinary mortals like you and me. Some may have chosen to live alone, some may have been forced by circumstances to live alone. In either case, it is how good they feel about themselves and how much satisfaction they derive in day to day life remaining happy and contented that alone matters. What other's think shouldn't matter at all all the more for such a person because it is his or her life and it is their own personal choice and what they do or how they feel shouldn't ...more
Answered by Omega, 06 Dec '09 08:18 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Yes why not Be content with what you have then it doesnt matter if you have a small amout of money. Live in a Bunglow today but be in a readiness to live in a hut tomorrow.
Answered by ANURADHA PATHAKJ, 06 Dec '09 05:16 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Dear Sumitha,
Good evening.
There are several instances in our generation like APJK, ABB, Russy Modi,etc were and are alone. It is the objective which one wants to lead in life, which makes one's life happy and fulfilling. Being alone stops no one to lead a normal useful life.
Answered by prabhat kumar kumar, 06 Dec '09 04:53 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

In rare cases they can live. I know its non-sense if i said you will be happy if you are married. But sure 100% guaranteed I would say you cant be happy as a bachelor for your whole life, in your later yrs you will feel for your mistake. According to me, people can't live happily without marriage because we need someone to share our feelings and problems with. The life will be empty without marriage.
Answered by sumati gayki, 06 Dec '09 03:51 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.