Q.

Do you feel that its 3rd time unlucky in reality too ? Cite examples please.

Tags: money, relationships, education
Asked by sumita bhadrachaudhari, 07 Feb '10 04:47 pm

1.

I do not have examples on 3rd time unlucky; but I do have 3rd time lucky lyrics. Here it is:

first one--it's a shock
a second helping--not good enough
third time lucky--and you've arrived!
if you have any doubts then try once more...

maybe i was too impressed...
he flattered--i was blushing
Answered by Jack Johnson, 08 Feb '10 03:36 am

(1)
 (0)
2.

Dear Sumitaji, Always keep hope whether it is 3rd time or last time. Just do your best and leave everything to almighty but keep in mind to give the best. regards Cyrus
Answered by cyrus irani, 07 Feb '10 07:11 pm

(1)
 (0)

3.

Its not actually true my friend.
What happens is the approach to a problem or some facility...we continue to repeat the same formulae / mind set to achieving / solving it and once rejected it may continue to be rejected.
The second option to think of is that after being successful on two occassions albiet luckily...we tend to become over confident and take a gamble...where we lose.
Its been observed that luck is garnered in percentages and its true for gamblers too at black jack , at roulette and when after two successive winnings they bid the third time...they have an option of percentages loaded against them...and ocassionally fail...so consider third time unlucky...this is just an example and may not happen on a regular basis.
Its unlucky because of percentages :))) The Nutty Professor
Answered by prasoon, 18 Feb '10 05:31 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

I think this saying has more to do with the conception of the mind than a reality replaying by itself in similar way over and over again. May be, for some, many things go wrong in many ways and this kind of a thought comes to pervade the mind and thereby sets in a fear that nothing is going to work out as if destiny is being foretold to you.

Whatever happens, in the majority of cases we alone are responsible for it. We may not like to acknowledge it or we may not even want toa accept our own role contributing to the previous failure, the last one could even be a result of our own attitude of not learning anything from the first one and then with the same frame of mind, we many a time come to the preset conclusion of a psyche of third time unlucky, thus giving up even before we have begun.

I do believe in luck, fate etc but I also understand all this to a great extent of our contribution to what we led ourself into.

Answered by Omega, 07 Feb '10 08:53 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

Being lucky and unlucky is not in our hands directly.I elieve through clear thinking and hard work, you can tilt the luck in your favour.
Answered by Ramsingh Sachan, 09 Feb '10 05:09 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

After three the counting does not end sumita there is always 4 and 5 after that
Answered by krish, 08 Feb '10 10:13 am

(1)
 (0)
7.

No I've never felt 3rd time unlucky as I maintain a POSITIVE ATTITUDE at all times and with Prayers too.
Answered by John Mascarenhas, 08 Feb '10 01:38 am

(1)
 (0)
8.

Atleast NOT in my personal life and I did not come across anyone so also
Answered by SriniVenkat, 07 Feb '10 10:32 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

I do not like to attach much to the luck concept though I cannot ignore it altogether. South Korea reached the Semi Finals of the 2002 World Cup Football held in Japan and S.Korea. S.Korea got the help of the draw as well as some unexpected result and their own superb performances under Gus Hiddink. Kenya also once reached Semi Finals of World Cup Cricket. Pakistan won the 1992 World Cup Cricket held in Australia when they were almost out of the tournament and depended largely on the outcome of other matches. They came out Champions. How can I say, there is no luck factor.

Why is the third time lucky?There are a few suggestions. The most common is that it alludes to the belief that, under English law, anyone who survived three attempts at hanging would be set free. This is probably from the story of John 'Babbacombe' Lee. Lee was a West Country sailor who was convicted of the murder of Emma Keyse at Babbacombe Bay in 1885. He was sentenced to hang at Exeter prison and three attem ...more
Answered by soumyen sarkar, 07 Feb '10 09:09 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

The more we try the better the result will become.so there is no need to feel unlucky..this concept is nothing to do with our fate as well as others...we just need to concentrate on our duties..
Answered by magi, 07 Feb '10 07:53 pm

(1)
 (0)