Q.

The controversy and tragedy of Jane Goody 's life....and the media circus surrounding her...... My question is why does morbidity sell? Since when has death become a spectator event...where do we draw a line?

Asked by sumitha, 21 Mar '09 03:18 pm

1.

If I want my death to be recorded and publicized I don't see anything wrong in it especially if I feel death will give me the much longed for peace and tranquility.
If people don't wish to read or hear about it , they need not.
Answered by joyoti sen, 22 Mar '09 03:38 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Sensationalism and the way the world has started perceiving things that were once considered 'sacrosanct', beyond the purview of publicity and prying eyes. But probably she took a lesson from Princess Diana's death .... how tragedy sells ... a woman who was not left alone even when she was struggling in the wreckage of that car.

Jade Goody understood the power of the media and the attraction of viewers to such a situation having catapulted herself from an unknown to one despised at one time and then sympathised. She just milked the opportunity to the maximum, probably thinking it doesn't really matter 'what others thought of her, after she is gone; atleast she has made enough for her children to live in comfort".

Answered by Omega, 23 Mar '09 10:51 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Jade Goody was an exceptional case. Though he was born to a criminal father, and into a broken family, she became a celebrity. In Big Boss 2 in the year 2002 she became famous because she lived immorally. In Big Boss year 2007 she showed that she is capable of disturbing the peace of mind of others. Her marathon run of 26 miles showed she loved to live dangerously. She died young of cervical cancer while still remaining in news made her death a spectator event. I would not like to live life that she lived, I would not like to become famous for the reasons she was made famous. I would not like my death to become a spectator event. That is where I draw a line.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 23 Mar '09 06:05 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Anyway cannot agree with the concept. But her wish should be above than anything else.
Answered by peekay first, 22 Mar '09 06:04 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

It has been Jane Goody's wish that her last days are recorded and sold to take care of the family she will be leaving behind. Nothing wrong there.
Answered by gem mina, 22 Mar '09 09:17 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Itz in net for quite sometime.Whatelse one can expect from a Big Boss & Item Dancer?..more

Answered by MAdhavan Avadhany