Q.

Rediff privacy is a joke. I can even read messages of people who are not my friends.Do you think rediff employs sub-standard developers?

Tags: relationships, education, entertainment
Asked by gurpreet, 20 Mar '10 09:55 am

1.

Sai Ram. It depends on the page settings. For example, you can read or post on my page without being my friend, since I believe in being open. You may set your own page differently. So, when I try to reply to you, I get a message asking to add you as my friend. It is for me to do that or not. So, I don't see any deficiency in programming. Even facebook has similar settings. You can post on my page there because I allow that.
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 20 Mar '10 10:31 am

(2)
 (0)
2.

Rediff QnA aint the best of places to hold ones privacy intact. But then me guess they have amended the message reading privacy and it does work. If ya truly set ya message view settings to Friends only then only friends can view ya messages
Answered by Saj Sierra, 20 Mar '10 11:00 am

(0)
 (0)
3.

A 'chor' is always smarter than a 'havildar'.
Whatever the precaution may be the 'chor' will find a way out.
No one and nothing can stop peeping.
Answered by Prakash Chandra, 20 Mar '10 05:25 pm

(1)
 (1)
4.

This is not sub-standard developing but this is the problem with the software environment AJAX , which have a few draw backs both for the users and for the developers .A few of the drawbacks as follows :
* Owing to their dynamic nature, Ajax interfaces are often harder to develop when compared to static pages.
* Pages dynamically created using successive Ajax requests do not automatically register themselves with the browser's history engine, so clicking the browser's "back" button may not return the user to an earlier state of the Ajax-enabled page, but may instead return them to the last full page visited before it. Workarounds include the use of invisible IFrames to trigger changes in the browser's history and changing the anchor portion of the URL (following a #) when Ajax is run and monitoring it for changes.[12]
Answered by KARTIKAY SHARMA, 20 Mar '10 10:04 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

No comments
Answered by staasha, 20 Mar '10 09:56 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

Not any more,i think
Answered by anil garg, 09 Feb 06:33 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

I dont think so as may be they have permitted all to read their messages as thee is alwasy an option by rediff in this format .U can allow all or u can chose freinds
Answered by krish, 20 Mar '10 11:07 am

(0)
 (0)
8.

Great to know.....I was waiting for people to know what kind of bad language, few so called gentlemen dump into a girl's msg box...:-)
Answered by Jiya Sahgal, 20 Mar '10 09:58 am

(0)
 (0)