Q.

Which Surah and verse is about Istikhara ?

Tags: education, books, religion & spirituality
Asked by jameel ahmed, 08 Mar '12 04:54 pm

1.

Quran -> Surah Baqarah (V - 216) - "... and it may be that you dislike a thing while it is good for you, and it may be that you love a thing while it is evil for you, and Allah knows, while you do not know."

Hadith -> The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said, "If one of you is concerned about some practical undertaking, or about making plans for a journey, he should perform two cycles (rak'atain) of voluntary prayer." Then he/she should say the following du'a:

"Oh Allah! I seek Your guidance by virtue of Your knowledge, and I seek ability by virtue of Your power, and I ask You of Your great bounty. You have power; I have none. And You know; I know not. You are the Knower of hidden things.

Answered by mangochatni, 08 Mar '12 04:58 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

Supplication to god and seeking guidance
Answered by afsa kausar, 08 Mar '12 05:02 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Salatul Istikharah is a sunnah of the Prophet (s). It is a prayer that one may pray if one must choose between permissible alternatives: it is two non-obligatory rakat (that can be recited separately or in combination with the regular sunnah prayers or the prayer for entering the mosque [...] during any time of the day or night, and to recite therein whatever one wishes of the Quran after reciting al-Fatihah. After the two-rakats, one praises Allah and sends salutations to the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam and recites the following supplication which has been recorded by al-Bukhari in Jabirs hadith (see full text below): The Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam would teach us al-istikhara for all of our affairs as he would teach us a surah from the Quran. He said: If one of you is deliberating over an act, he should pray two non-obligatory rakat and say: O Allah, I consult You as You are All-Knowing and I appeal to You to give me power as You are Omnipotent, I ask You for Your great ...more
Answered by Ataur Rahman, 08 Mar '12 04:58 pm

(1)
 (0)