Q.

At one time or another, many of us question what life is all about. Have you ever gazed up at the stars on a pitch-black evening and wondered who put them there? Or have you ever seen a sunset and thought about lifes biggest questions:

Who am I?

Why am I here?

And,

Where am I going?

Asked by Omega, 28 Dec '08 08:26 pm

1.

Whenever I gaze at the vast expanse of universe, I wonder what an insignificant entity like man is doing here. Leave alone man there are more tiny life forms on earth. What are they doing here? What purpose do they serve? Do they take birth to live life and die again or do they serve any useful purpose. Besides, we live life as long as we are useful. When we lose our usefulness, the nature simply discards us. Have you noticed while we are young our sensitivity is more. As we grow older, our sensitivity too starts waning. In the end when it comes to naught we die. All living things are sensitive beings. We sense pain, we sense pleasure, we sense joy, we sense sorrows, we sense heat, we sense cold, we sense love, and we sense hatred. Not only do humans but also the plant life; even animals and things that crawl on earth have the same kind of sensitivity. Does nature need us because of this sensitivity, which is the characteristic quality of all living things? Then I wondered what control ...more
Answered by Jack Johnson, 07 Jan '09 06:25 pm

(4)
 (0)
2.

When I sit on the porch at the back of my house and watch the sun set I enjoy the pleasant interlude and the wonderful colour of the event - my mind is at total peace during that time with just the noise of the birds enjoying their evensong. One thing I don't do is sit and question life's biggest problems. Quite frankly nor do I question who I am, why am I here and what am I doing - I am quite content with the knowledge that I will do my little bit for the time that I am here and then leave it for someone else to take over. Life is for living and I am not about to waste any part of it pondering the improbable.
Answered by Janis, 07 Jan '09 05:58 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Dunno whether u remember a message i had sent to all my friends here about my obsessive secret rendezvous with the sky,irrespective of the hours. my granny always told me,the doubters find solace in the wonderous span of the horizon.
i would always stand out on the terrace each night and vocally question,ask,share,answer,inform,seek advice...till i genuinely could feel the warmth and tenderness reach my being,most soothingly...i knew the stars were there to comfort us,the mortal beings,who turn to the celestial beings for respite,compassion and mesmerizing ,unexplained radiance,radiating to put us back on the track the very next realisitc morn of awakenings.
Answered by shintsie, 07 Jan '09 05:51 pm

(5)
 (0)
4.

Ya mostly some or the other time , i do think about life and other mysterious things .. but i never wondered who has put the stars in the sky .. i like watching them a lot .. sometimes , when i cannot see them i look out fr them :-) ya i have seen the sunset its something mystical abt it , i have thought abt this questions , bt very soon i stop thinking much , cos these r the questions you cant get an exact answer :) . so i think , i m just like another soul , i know who i m , why i m here ,.. i have a role to play in my life , to be a part of other people's lives .well where i m going .. hmm just leading my life , we all know where it will lead one day towards the end ,thts death .. so enjoy the path of life , live well . why to question your existence be happy you got a human life :))
Answered by parul advani, 07 Jan '09 05:45 pm

(3)
 (0)
5.

I find all aspects of nature mysterious and nothing more so than the night sky...... the dark desert sky with its billions of stars make me wish that i were atleast a poet or a philosopher... The sky is where we look for answers when we are in despair, maybe because the night sky touches the spiritual side in us.....shows us how insignificant we are..... tells us that the sky is eternal while we are mere mortals ....it reminds us that life is not worth getting wired up over trivial things ..... life has infinite possibilities to offer if only we take time to appreciate it.
Answered by sumitha, 07 Jan '09 07:29 pm

(2)
 (0)
6.

Hmmm........So philosophical you've become these days, your page is indicating this(ref-your new profile picture)..........:-))))
Before answering this question, I'd like to write few things first. My grandpa always tell me that at this age(mine) you need not to think much about such things n mysteries of life as its our subject of concern and I reply him by saying that "Gawd, gimme a break!! I'm not such a big freak as you think!" but still I'm not very honest with him !:)) I mean, at a time I think on these lines. So far I've concluded that some questions are beyond our understanding n they never get an apt answer....... Rather than thinking about these things, we all need a good time to look through within.It can solve many questions according to me.I am a firm believer of "Thou art that(TAT TWAM ASI)" theory given by Upanishads and a follower of Jnana Yoga.We all are essentially divine, it shows to mankind that real unity of being, and that each one of us is the almighty himself ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 31 Dec '08 03:05 pm

(2)
 (0)
7.

Life is for the absolute satisfaction of God the Creator and God the creation.

The meaning of life is to become inseparably one with God the transcendental Bliss and God the universal Peace.

The meaning of life is to achieve unconditional self-giving and a self-giving will, at God's choice Hour, in the unhorizoned blossoming of God-becoming.

Life means will-power, the will-power that unites God's descending Compassion-Smile with man's ascending aspiration-cry. In the desire-bound life, there are teeming rules and regulations. In the aspiration-free life, there is only one rainbow-rule: complete faith in oneself and birthless and deathless faith in God.

Life is love: animal love, human love and divine love. Animal love is destruction. Human love is frustration. Divine love is satisfaction. Again, love is life par excellence because it is the existence-reality itself.

Answered by Ashish jain, 09 Jan '09 01:43 am

(1)
 (0)
8.

If we start thinking this way, we would end up realizing ourselves soon... Coming away from the politics and norms in and around the society, household, relatives, family and our own mind, we have to introspect ourselves...there are a few treasures you can acquire and a few things which you can just see and enjoy... i think nature is one of them and we misuse them most brutally most of the times unwittingly... so many things happening in our life, so many insecurities and thoughts arising... each thought giving rise to a channel of potential happenings, as a thought is not just a thought, each thought is a potential action ... each time trying to subdue and master our selves...but if we let loose our thoughts and get free, then we can experience real freedom... freedom from all thoughts and mental makeup... freedom from all falsehood and societal norms... mainly FREEDOM FROM FEAR of the mind... when you are not afraid of anything and when you only need an answer to one question and tha ...more
Answered by r, 07 Jan '09 04:13 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

When i gaze up at the stars i look out for Sagittarius, Taurus, Gemini etc. since i'm interested in astrology and i see if they are in alignment, how close to the earth etc. this is also thinking of life isn't it? not very long ago, i witnessed a beautiful sight. my neice went into the garden and looked up at the stars. when i asked her what she was doing, she said she was looking for her cat, yes her cat who she said became a star after she passed away! sunsets make me more sad than happy. i remember old times with friends, some special ones who have passed away. sometimes i feel very lonely and do wonder why am i here. the orange or red glow of the setting sun now and then does fill me with a positive energy telling me that ok this evening the sun is setting, you're sad but just remember it's going to rise again tomorrow, so try and be like the setting sun, a new day awaits me, i may get the answer to where am i going!
Answered by nargis bhambi, 07 Jan '09 02:49 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

When we are struggling with unravelling the day to complications in our life which are just a stone's throw away would it be advisable to break our heads over matters such as who am I, why am I here, etc which even the greatest of great philosophers have not been able to solve?
Answered by gem mina, 07 Jan '09 01:29 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

I enjoy both seasons, because both got different beauties....Monsoon, with the rain, rainbows, seen through the green tree leaves, the pitter-patter o..more