Which one of the following is the appropriate reason for considering the Gondwana rocks as most important of rock systems of India?
(a) More than 90% of limestone reserves of India are found in them.
(b) More than 90% of Indias coal reserves are found in them.
(c) More than 90% of fertile black cotton soils are spread over them.
(d) None of the reasons given above is appropriate in this context.
Your vote on this answer has already been received
Coal in India occurs in two important types of coal fields. They are the Gondwana coal fields and Tertiary coal fields. Out of the total coal reserves and production in India, Gondwana coal fields contribute 98% anbd the rest 2% is produced by tertiary coal fields. The Gondwan coal fields are located in the sedimentary rock systems of lower Gondwana age. They are distributed chiefly in the valleys of of the Damodar, the Son, the Mahanadi, the Godawari and the Wardha. Tertiary coal filds occur in the extra-peninsular areas which include Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Aruncachal Pradesh, J&K and Sikkim.