Q.

Which is the best moral story you have ever heard/read? Have you ever practised it in your own life?

Tags: relationships, education, entertainment
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 14 Jan '10 03:59 pm

1.

I will answer the second part first ... Answer is a big NO ..We have, in fact, two kinds of morality side by side; one which we preach but do not practice, and another which we practice but seldom preach, Morality is not really the doctrine of how to make ourselves happy but of how we are to be worthy of happiness
And because one of my living comes as a flop story teller , I will love to add a small one ( again virtual )...it may not fit in the definition of morality for many, but this one makes me feel worthy of happiness and that's why I call it a moral story ......
I was fortunate to attend a 10 day residential program of Dr Maheswari at COD , Hyderabad on Managerial effectiveness . On the last day , there was an open house question answer session and a dozen industry stalwarts were on the board . Each participant was asked to give 2 questions in writing .

Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 14 Jan '10 05:56 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Haar kee jeet of khadaksing and baba bharti
Answered by babu rao, 14 Jan '10 05:46 pm

(2)
 (0)
3.

"Slow and Steady wins the race"...I believe it works and most of the time it lets u feel like miracles...though in reality it isnt...
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 15 Jan '10 06:08 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Never take failure in heart and success in the brain, i am still practicing trying to follow it.
Answered by Nachiket, 15 Jan '10 11:20 am

(1)
 (0)
5.

I am famous or infamous for my moral stories and jokes, coz those, who are familiar with me know, if i am telling a story or a joke, it has a "moral of the story" and it might be meaning something, sometimes acidic too. :-)
But well they convey a meaning. I remember quite few of them and as regards following. I follow, what suits me, but know for sure that these moral stories are words of wisdom and if I am not following them, sooner or later, I'll pay for my deeds. Few are given here in short.
1. Once there was a naughty boy, he raised the lungi of one religious Mullahji up when he bent for his prayers, exposing his derriere. Mullahji was quite aged and respected. Everyone thought that Mullahji would now not leave this boy. Surprisingly Mullahji give him Rs. 10. (During those days, ten rupees was a big thing). A man asked him - Why? Mullahji replied - I am aged, how much beating could I have given to this young boy? Now this boy thinks that it's something that pays you well. Now he ...more
Answered by manish varma, 15 Jan '10 10:21 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

Story regarding ' why Child does not share his belongings like toys ,stationary etc,' from book and experiencing the same.
Answered by vilas manohar deshpande, 14 Jan '10 08:37 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

1 Samuel 17
David and Goliath
4 A champion named Goliath, who was from Gath, came out of the Philistine camp. He was over nine feet tall. 5 He had a bronze helmet on his head and wore a coat of scale armor of bronze weighing five thousand shekels ; 6 on his legs he wore bronze greaves, and a bronze javelin was slung on his back. 7 His spear shaft was like a weaver's rod, and its iron point weighed six hundred shekels. His shield bearer went ahead of him.
8 Goliath stood and shouted to the ranks of Israel, "Why do you come out and line up for battle? Am I not a Philistine, and are you not the servants of Saul? Choose a man and have him come down to me. 9 If he is able to fight and kill me, we will become your subjects; but if I overcome him and kill him, you will become our subjects and serve us." 10 Then the Philistine said, "This day I defy the ranks of Israel! Give me a man and let us fight each other." 11 On hearing the Philistine's words, Saul and all the Israelites were di ...more
Answered by ds, 14 Jan '10 05:18 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

I believe in the morals........and practically in life also i am fallowing to that and advise everyone to fallow...."Never tell lie to make fun ,otherwise at the time of need nobody will help you"..... like, for my entertainment/amusement if i will ask money to anyone by telling lie then at the time need , nobody will trust me........
Answered by pradeep mishra, 14 Jan '10 04:12 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Yes - the story whose moral is live life king size..I practise it every living moment of my life...
Answered by Deepak Joshi, 14 Jan '10 04:05 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Mughal-E-Azam-The biggest of all of them.No historical before or after this epic could match its scale,popularity and class.Enough has been written ab..more

Answered by Ataur Rahman