Q.

I believe FORUM is going to remove MY PAGE, thereafter-it will be only Question & answer only. It will be a personal loss for me as I use MY PAGE more than asking question or answering. your views please on removal, how forum will be like??

Asked by MajorVLoganathan, 13 Jul '09 01:00 pm

1.

Shocking ! But why would they remove it Sir ? Are you really serious ? What would they gain by it ? Why would anyone remove such a lively page where intellectual thoughts are exchanged ? This is definitely not the way to improve the forum. There must be someway where users should be able to present their objections to the people managing the forum. Without the Major, the forum would look empty. I still dont think this is true...... Major ji, I hope your joking, I still believe your page will continue and be lively as always ! ...
Answered by Kavita Prsd, 13 Jul '09 01:18 pm

(14)
 (0)
2.

I agree it would be a shame to give up the messaging option - that is the USP for this Q&A forum! (I rarely bother with Yahoo Q&A nowadays.)

If the problem is due to some people keeping hundreds of trivial messages in their msgbox (each msg occupies an index entry, etc. in a table in the database slowing the whole system down) then perhaps the system should only keep the latest 100 msgs.

Also the Rediff techies should learn to implement Ad-sense technology so ads relevant to the questions (and answers) may be displayed in the empty whitespace (on the right side of the screen) when appropriate. (For categories like cars, computers, money, technology, etc.)
Answered by Shahryar Pax, 13 Jul '09 07:20 pm

(11)
 (2)
3.

*My Q&A* is the fulcrum for this Forum. From this point we can check in, review our points, messages and move around to other parts of the site as we wish. The current system has recently introduced the method of responding to messages left on our page directly without having to travel to the other members page in order to do so - I thought that was an improvement. Essentially this is a Question and Answer Forum not a Social Networking site (although I get the feeling that is the direction in which Rediff would like it to go). Messages here are a quick and convenient way of making others aware of a particular issue being discussed, requesting someone to answer a question which we think they might not have seen, exchanging greetings etc. etc. without the necessity to go into an indepth chatting process. In other words what we have is perfect and I would vote to retain the status quo. I have taken a look at the new Q&A forum and the new version of our pages. The forum layout look ...more
Answered by Janis, 13 Jul '09 07:06 pm

(9)
 (1)
4.

I dont think this is gonna happen for three reasons

1) in our page there's nothing other than a name, fav categories and scores so there's no harm in alloting a page.
2) how will they give points or comments if we dont have an identity
3) they're going to loss members!
Answered by Kalyani, 13 Jul '09 02:03 pm

(9)
 (1)
5.

Please click on the website: http://qna.rediff.com/ia/. Then click on your name on right hand corner it will take you to your page. No 'My page " is not being removed.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 13 Jul '09 03:43 pm

(7)
 (0)
6.

Dear Major sahab, Let rediffqna forum do anything as I am least interested now since earlier when I joined I use to suggest to them and I have beared enough so I am not now interested in rediffqna forum modifications. Let them do what they want. Regards Cyrus
Answered by cyrus irani, 13 Jul '09 02:44 pm

(6)
 (2)
7.

I think My Page in the Q&A Forum is its USP (Unique Selling Point). Initially,when I joined the forum,I had framed two questions..1. When we can google and get answers for any topic under this world why do we need a Q&A forum and 2. Were you always so enthusiastic in your school and college as you are in the forum with regard to asking and answering questions. I had got multiple replies in which the members of the forum had informed me that it is the HUMAN touch and the HUMAN interaction in the Forum which keeps it UNIQUE and most of them shuddered and said they NEVER wereso open or enthusiastic in asking or answering questions in their academic level..So it just goes to show that all of us are here to interact on a personal level and develop a sense of harmony and unity here.....I just hope that Q&A FORUM keeps this USP of it's INTACT...!
Answered by inquisitive, 14 Jul '09 03:04 am

(6)
 (0)
8.

I dont think so it would be so but if it is so then it will certainly lose its charm!!
Answered by dharamender nebhnani, 13 Jul '09 01:30 pm

(5)
 (0)
9.

I cant believe this. My Page is the major attractive feature of this forum If its true, the Rediff Q&A forum will loose its unique quality of "difference" and charm. As a result, there will be a communication problem between friends. And possiblity of huge exodus of the members can be expected and thus we loose many good friends.
Answered by Joseph Chacko, 13 Jul '09 09:28 pm

(4)
 (0)
10.

Although we will miss a lot, the forum may be justified if it is to save a lot of money. Let us not get disappointed. Basically, this is a Q&A forum. I think they also have to think on savings and from that point of view they may be justified. By now, we know each other. Hence, I would request all to continue in the forum whatever changes are made.
Answered by Francisco, 15 Jul '09 01:41 pm

(2)
 (0)

Q.