Q.

Would you like to see Indian cricket to go down under the carpet for a while and football take centre stage so that we can qualify for the World Cup soon?

Tags: sports, world cup, indian cricket
Asked by joyoti sen, 11 Jun '10 02:17 pm

1.

It is a true pity but a great delight 2 a Park Doo Ik fan like me to see North Korea qualify, yet India is not even in contention. North Korean squad is trained by KPA (Korean Peoples Army). If a sanction ridden, resource stripped isolated nation can put a team together 4 da world cup, I would say there is no excuse for India not qualifying. Especially considering we have no shortage of money, and have access to every foreign coach we so desire.....

But I don't think that putting cricket down under the carpet is going to make futebol or hockey any more powerful. The game of cricket has cult like following in India because the British set up cricketing infrastructure nationwide and took an active interest painstakingly in promoting the game in India.

The thing is that our sports chiefs are only concerned w/ bunking in 5 star hotels and know much about the game as Saddam Hussien does about nuclear physics. So u can imagine how much CARE is given to those sports.

Answered by A Moin, 11 Jun '10 02:26 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Yes Yes Yes.
I am always for revolution.
Let there be up side down again.
Cricket-wale bahut mauz kar cheke hain.
Answered by Prakash Chandra, 12 Jun '10 07:29 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

I think cricket is a ladies game but football is mardana game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now there is nothing in cricket,,,,,,,,,,ipl scandle,,,,,,,,,,money scandle & so on ,,,,,,,,,,,people should avoid cricket
Answered by satejkhadse, 11 Jun '10 03:48 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Yes I am great fan of football as football is game of comman masses. I hate cricket as it is legacy of britishers
Answered by Satya Pandey, 11 Jun '10 02:24 pm

(1)
 (0)