Q.

Sorry friends, my last question was incomplete. Please answer this one: a) Do you remember the start of cable tv revolution in our country? b) Do you remember the time when it reached your city? c) What were your favorite channels and programs then? d) What impact this cable TV era has made on our society?

Tags: education, cable tv, city guide
Asked by prashant sharma, 23 Nov '09 07:01 pm
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering     Map Successfully AddedAdd Map

1.

(a) If I remember correctly, the cable TV revolution swept our country in 1992 during the Gulf War when CNN news became so very popular with its live coverages of the war. We watched agape at the sight of the Scud missiles being fired and the Tomahawk Cruise missiles being fired to take on the former.

(b) It reached my city in 1992 only but we took a cable connection in our home in April,1994. WE installed a dih antenna on our rooftop

(c) During that time my favourite channels were MTV(English songs), Star Plus(It was an English channel then), Star Sports and BBC.My favourite programmes were MTV Top 20, MTV Heart and Soul, Neighbours, Remington Steele and of course the cricket and soccer matches like the English Premier league.I watched DD too especially the Saturday movie and Chitrahaar and DD news also.

Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 24 Nov '09 05:27 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

When cable tv arrived i never had it i liked all doordarshan program like nukkad ,ramayan mahabharat ,ek kahani etc...all programs were very good. Even now i give more importance to doordarshan
Answered by ANURADHA PATHAKJ, 24 Nov '09 05:45 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Bleh, don't care much to remember but I will state that in Doordharshan only days we were like "there is only 1 channel & Krishi Darshan running in it what is there to watch?!" but now people are like "there are 100,000 channels to choose from & 100,000 ekta kapoor clones running serials on all of them. What is there to watch?"
Answered by A Moin, 23 Nov '09 07:16 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

There always are few options :Hot tea and samosey or pakorey while watching favourite TV channelLong DriveRain Dance..more

Answered by Lucky