Q.

If you wish to gift your beloved (real or imaginary) a book or novel what would be your choice and why would you choose it?

Asked by Mitali Choudhury, 09 Mar '09 04:30 pm

1.

"the Promise" by Daniel Steel....that u r not supposed to be d cause of any wound of ur beloved ones...
Answered by bijoy agarwala, 09 Mar '09 08:01 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

There are quite a number of them...but there is one,which is like The Bible of love for me...cant name it,cause its a long held secret,and would be unvieled to the one I would love that deep...the book talks of love like no other...and takes it to such ethereal heights,one would love to love,most lovingly....its all about how love is all about giving,sharing,living,loving,understanding and surrendering,unconditionally...and it is not whether one owns the loved one,but how even few days of togetherness would last a lifetime,if lived well....lived fulfillingly....most 'dil se'....someday...i shall share the work with all....as of now...its beauty lies in its mystery.:-)
Answered by shintsie, 12 Mar '09 07:33 pm

(2)
 (1)
3.

The famous book of the Tagore, the "Geetanjali" !!
Answered by ashis, 09 Mar '09 04:37 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

I would like to gift the book of laila majnu, hir ranjha, to inspire her to inform her we can die but our love will never die..........................
Answered by pawan goel, 09 Mar '09 04:33 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

I dont go for hard core reading ,also I would not prefer to gift any serious classics for a dear person. Humour is something I enjoy ,so a book from me will be to thoroughly enjoy. At present, it will be Chetan Bhagat's, ' Five Point Someone',
Answered by Rachana, 11 Mar '09 02:54 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Mitali, I am so happy that you consider a book is the best gift to be given to one`s beloved. In this fast paced era of modern technology and maddening run after cheap, easy entertainment which is available 24 hours a day by touching a button of remote control, passion of reading is diminishing day by day. But whenever I see someone like you asks a question or two relating with books and after reading consequent answers, I start feeling there are still avid readers who never would stop their feet walking on the road to libraries.
Well, now about choice. I wish to gift my would~be beloved one of the greatest novels in English literature : THE GRAPES OF WRATH. The author John Steinbeck, the Nobel laureate and his novel won Pulitzer Prize too. Published in 1939, means almost 70 years have passed, yet the charm and importance of theme of this novel is unfading. At this very moment, we are facing great danger of dwindling economy accrued from Recession everywhere. The threat of unemploymen ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 11 Mar '09 10:58 am

(1)
 (0)
7.

How to win friends and influence people by Carnegie and ....... why ? Nobody will ask why , once they read it .......... it's the all time greatest HR book , I have ever read and reading today also
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 10 Mar '09 12:58 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

A book on Rabindrosangeet, containing the song -
Aamar bela je jaay, saanjh bela te, tomaar surey surey sur milaatey
(My time in the evening passes nodding in agreement to what you say)
:-)
Answered by manish varma, 09 Mar '09 05:14 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Harry potter.
Answered by mohd yousuf, 09 Mar '09 04:31 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Kaamsutra
Answered by STUPID, 09 Mar '09 04:31 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Favourite movie of nicolas cage is broken arrow..more

Answered by venkatvinod