Q.

Do you always look for an auspicious day for visiting religious places, for your own selfish benifits, or go there any other day also without any specific intention? What do you do before the deity?

Tags: travel, money, health
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 26 Oct '09 10:30 am
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering     Map Successfully AddedAdd Map

1.

No i dont wait for an auspicious day to do so but i do pay my respect & pray whenever in front of a temple, gurudwara or church as i believe that GOD is one which we pray to in many different names & ways!!
Answered by dharamender nebhnani, 26 Oct '09 01:01 pm

(1)
 (0)

2.

According to me, for doing good deed, everyday is auspicious. Going to temple, praying are all rituals to keep our mind in control and for meditating so that only positive thoughts come to you and you end up doing good deeds in your day to day life. If someone is able to do good deeds even without going to temple or praying, such a person will be blessed by God first. Service to humanity and mankind is the best form of prayer. My wife and my mother are particular about auspicious days, time etc., and I fall in line so that they are not disappointed. But, they very well know my feelings about such matters. I pray to God to give me presence of mind to choose between good and bad.
Answered by M Shankar, 27 Oct '09 08:59 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Not necessarily as I GO BY kabir "---Saab din sudin hai saab bar subar ----"
Answered by HARIJIBAN BANERJEE, 26 Oct '09 10:35 am

(2)
 (0)
4.

With me now, it is daily routine.
Answered by kishore malhotra, 26 Oct '09 10:31 am

(2)
 (0)
5.

Its a daily routine for me
Answered by ANURADHA PATHAKJ, 28 Oct '09 11:19 am

(1)
 (0)
6.

All gods are within us. The visit in temple give some better inspiration. Hence we visit. Auspicious day add the inspiration. But heavy traffic results in bad mood. I try to see god within me my friends. I do the same for only relaxation nothing else.
Answered by raman, 26 Oct '09 08:39 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

I am not an out and out religious person. I do light diyas and agarbattis in my small prayer cubicle at home but I rarely go to any religious place. This has been a mindset and habit right from my childhood. My inlaws are religious and my MIL visits a religious place every now and then. Before when she asked me to accompany her I did go but now she does not knowing my mindset. I believe God is everywhere and one can pray from anyplace anytime without carrying out any religious ritual. On the few occasions I go to religious places I do light diyas and agarbattis and pray for the good of people near and dear to me.
Answered by Mitali Choudhury, 26 Oct '09 01:26 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

As and when possible I visit temple and I pary.
Answered by roopa, 26 Oct '09 01:03 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

I believe in god and he is omini present......i never visit to any place for worship purpose but to know about the important of that place.....i pray to god once in a morning everyday.....
Answered by pradeep mishra, 26 Oct '09 10:41 am

(1)
 (0)
10.

I do not count on particular days to go to a religious place. I have been to some Dargaah and Churches too apart from the temples. It all depends on time and feasibility. As regards, what I ask from God, let that remain between me and God. :-)
Answered by manish varma, 26 Oct '09 10:41 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Total and complete chaos , I have Not Only being affected by curfew but has Been a witness of worst riots where 16 People of My Locality got killed, I..more

Answered by Indian Ocean