Q.

What is mean by zen meditation?

Tags: zen meditation
Asked by venkat mani, 24 May '07 11:06 pm

1.

Zen is a buddhistic form of meditation, and is born in JAPAN. It is mainly practised in the western world. Historically Buddhism travelled from India to Tibet and through China to Japan. Still ZEN pretends to have its roots with Buddha. But in reality it is mixed up with a lot of misconceptions. The major misconception is not to concentrate on the third eye of Buddha. Or not to concentrate on top of the head. Look to any Buddha statue and you know what I mean.
And I seriously think you will not find any Zen meditation in India, even not in BodhGaya or Sarnath where Buddhism is born and many countries have a temple.
As an European I prefer the Indian traditions like KriyaYoga-meditation; although BodhGaya is a very peaceful and inspiring place....
Tonight I went to a local Zen meditation group, and do this already 18 months; but I practise Kriya almost 23 years, SO I KNOW WHAT I AM SPEAKING ABOUT.......
Answered by Carol Vandecasteele, 05 Jul '07 05:51 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

Meditation in zen car
Answered by saumya mittal, 24 May '07 11:11 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Japanis method very fast to reach goal
Answered by JAYANTILAL PATEL, 30 Jul '08 08:11 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

ASHWATTHAMA -- Ashwatthama is the son of Drona, the teacher of Kauravas and Pandavas. He was named Ashwatthwama because as soon as he was born he star..more