Q.

I am more than willing to forsake points for abuse for asking this question. Please reply ASAP. A Certain Mr.Fahad (I have no idea who he is) asked a question to which I answered. The question was reported for abuse and moderator took it off and as you have it, charged Fahad 50 pts for abuse. The question was "Are you willing to relocate to Congo(Brazzaville) to do your duty as soon as possible?" Please tell me what the abuse in this question is? I am addressing a copy of this quesiton to the moderator too. My question is, SPOT THE ABUSE. What was the moderator thinking?

Tags: question, money, relationships
Asked by Satish Kamath, 20 Aug '09 10:03 pm

1.

Dear Satishji, It depends on the moderator. Even though I am an Expert in this forum, my questions if they dont like will report abuse so there is no partiality. It all depends on the moderator's moods and swings. Regards n all the best. Cyrus
Answered by cyrus irani, 21 Aug '09 11:44 am

(1)
 (1)
2.

It could be a message for some terrorist network, who are clandestinely misusing this forum for their purpose, and some one monitoring such fora, might have reported abuse. This is a hunch only. I don't know exactly.
Answered by subhash tiwari, 21 Aug '09 07:00 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Brazzaville is the capital and largest city of the Republic of the Congo, in the southern part of the country on the Congo River across from Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo (formerly Zaire). Founded by the French in the 1880s, it is a trade center and major port. Population: 1,200,000. Only significant thing which took place in this city was that it was the scene of bloody civil wars throughout the 1990s which resulted in thousands of civilian deaths and which forced hundreds of thousands of refugees to flee the city. If the questioner asked whether some one is willing to relocate to this city to do his duty (whatever the duty is) as soon as possible, I see nothing wrong in it. I see no reason why this question should have been abused and moderator has definitely erred in accepting the report. I am mailing this through feedback to seek an explanation.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 20 Aug '09 11:04 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Just a suggestion: perhaps the question was inciting/soliciting volunteers to join in the violence of ethnic and civil wars which plague that area - if so then the Moderator would be correct.
Answered by Janis, 20 Aug '09 10:34 pm

(0)
 (1)
5.

Perhaps the moderatror did not understand the question?
Answered by joyoti sen, 20 Aug '09 10:06 pm

(0)
 (1)

6.

No doubt, our dear Moderator was unnecessarily harsh to Mr.Farhad in slashing points as the question seems very innocent (though I wonder what exactly he Mr.Farhad was expecting the probable answerers to respond?) question. However, let me try to play with some guess work on the strength of his mentioning Congo and Brazzaville. As Mr.Anantharaman jee hinted something about `code`, we all know we simply cannot use or `type` some typical defaming or demeaning, slang kind words either in our questions or in answers/comments. This falls under the category of `Big Brother Is Watching``. Earlier, I personally have experienced this spank from Rediff when I typed three names in flow of my views in one of my answers on a particular question, the answer was bounced back with a curt remark, ``Abusive matter. Please recheck``. I was aghast, because I already had gone thru the reading and had checked the decency, therefore failed to find the probable reason in the matter. After careful critical r ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 21 Aug '09 12:40 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

There may be a feedback/interception from US authorities about the person/s and region mentioned in this question.As these sites are continuously used by various ethnic groups for their communication.It might be possible .These type of information I do not think ever bring to the notice to common man like us .
Answered by KARTIKAY SHARMA, 20 Aug '09 10:53 pm

(1)
 (1)
8.

I think people lacking knowledge are reporting such questions as abu*se. Rediff is in short of quality persons to check such contents and revert back. Recently Major sab's answer also got abu*sed, but luckily he got it back. Some people are doing this nasty thing just to annoy others. Rediff should employ more qualified people to check this or otherwise make the option to report abu*se more strict. Those who are ab*using also should lose 50 points if the answer/question is not found as abu*se. The question should not be accepted or removed if just one person is reporting it as abu*se or a valid reason to be tagged along with it.
Answered by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 24 Aug '09 03:18 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

I feel this violation is now in auto mode . Anyone abuses a question is auto accepted by moderator irrespective of it's merits & demerits. I have taken it for granted and I become no more irritated ... rather I enjoy the deflowering as it's inevitible and we are in fool's paradise
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 22 Aug '09 11:45 pm

(1)
 (0)
10.

Moderator/s does not think to abuse anything. Yesterday an answer of mine was abused, I wish he tells me his name on Soumen's question _ is all in Hall of Fame are superstars. I had lot of facts to prove that it is only a rat race and no quality in the answers given but I gave only the percentage of BAs of the superstars which I collected from Hall of fame only and informed Soumyen that there is a member who has 50% BA and NOT in HOF. Not that very low score is 121134 by that member. All facts only- do you agree? It is abused. I told you I am not here for marks, but what is interesting is by abusing the facts available in HOF if my answer is abused- does it NOT amount to abusing the very HOF?? Where do you want to find reason/s? You cannot get draw fibre from a rock! I donot know whether your question will be abused, but ..........fate of this answer---- you know! What I feel is once abused, moderators approval gets triggered automatically!
Answered by MajorVLoganathan, 21 Aug '09 08:01 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Its in delhi..Indiragandhi..i guess?..more

Answered by harpreet