Q.

John Abraham and his parents are majorly into charity work,be it providing shelter to the homeless,protecting animals or spreading health awareness. A lot of his earnings go in such causes and he feels,he is fortunate enough to be able to do so.
If all the celbs develop this attitude,we can soon have a more equality based society...please opine.

Asked by shintsie, 17 Jul '09 08:51 am

1.

Yes....I agree with you....Got the Points ?
Answered by anantharaman, 17 Jul '09 09:50 am

(2)
 (0)
2.

There are so many in the haves who have such tendency.when a celebrity do such a thing it attracts even common people to toe in line.In a recent actor Surya said" I feel guilty to earn so much money when people with more hard work earn paltry sum" and he has created a trust through which he is sponsoring many good deeds.
Answered by Josna, 17 Jul '09 11:10 pm

(1)
 (0)

3.

Ms. Shintz thanks for providing this info of John Abraham......It is very good that most of our Bollywood celeb are providing some type of help to our society by
1. raising fund for soceity-welfare organizations,
2. adopting child(rens)
3. sponsoring few childs by providing financial & moral support
4. working on behalf of some orphan age/ old age homes.....etc etc...

My point is, WE ALL CAN & SHOULD DO THE SAME AT OUR SURROUNDINGS.....We can't spread light like SUN, but if we try, we can do to a little extent like a small lamp who spread light at a small hut at dark night......

I believe, most of us are RICH & POWERFUL either by intelligence or by wealth or by physical strength or by having spare time......to provide help to others at our surroundings. At weekends I try to spend some time with few people who are living in a semi-slam area....Many of my doctor friends are doing the same by free health checkup at their free time....

Answered by saumen ganguli, 19 Jul '09 01:52 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

A year back, I had attended a speech delivered by Magsaysay award winner, Rajendar Singh during an enterprising spirit development seminar conducted by ADRI. It was quite inspiring speech by the person who changed the lives of lakhs of people in Rajasthan and gave many more a hope to make a start on their own. He had emphasized on one special point which was about the need of a vibrant civic movement independent of the government..He told the audiences that particular development paths and cultures can influence civic-activism. The example you gave in your question is just a form o0f that civic activitism he talked about. If the persons who are privileged enough to help others understand that their small hand of help can not only change the life of many but also their own, they will definitely come out on their own. Government should motivate such people through special awards and tax rebates and make them understand that even though such activities are self sustaining, it plays a bigg ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 18 Jul '09 04:33 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

Hats off to such a humanitarian bent of mind...may his tribe increase!!!!
Answered by Lion Heart, 19 Aug '09 04:05 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

This is a fantastic opinion and a v good suggestion. Charity begins at home: let me start this in a v small way from now. thank U.
Answered by krishnaswamy thattai renganathaiyengar, 19 Jul '09 10:15 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

Yes...its' such a dream which is possible to reliase-there are several such persons in India who are doing their work silently ! I know of several such persons...the one who prompted me to donate chariteis ,n,collect charities for he poor is an RSS worker.He is now 89 years old, didnot marry, must have collected millions for the tribal education,n,medi-care.He helped in stting of several schools in remote areas of Assom, Arunachal, Chattishgarh, Jharkhand, yes all over the country.I am on the board os 2 such schools located in Haflang,Itanagar.This humble man was an MA,LL.B from Lahore.His work is much more than what the famous one did,n, rightly awarded with Bharat Ratna.His name is Shri Tilak Raj Kapoor. My father was a close associate of him.,
Answered by UMESH SHARMA, 18 Jul '09 10:30 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Maybe he is involved with the missionaries,who get lots of foreign funds.
Answered by d viswanath, 17 Jul '09 03:44 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

When we contribute or donate, we just not pave the way for those sufferers to have a future of hope and promise but also everyone wins, the children - the families - the community!

By sponsoring with a charity donation we will feel a certain warm feeling of satisfaction when we will see that someone who had no hope is now grown-up and happy thanks to our help.

Whether we choose to give money, gifts, a day or an hour, it's energy and time well spent. It is no small task to be taken lightly, because we hold in our dedication the ability to change lives, including our own.
Answered by Sudaru Bahar, 17 Jul '09 10:16 am

(1)
 (0)
10.

Nothing to comment, whatever you said is true.
Answered by Bestvision, 17 Jul '09 08:56 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Shabana Azmi was best in her roles in Ankur ,Swamy, and Godmother..more

Answered by Alexander Mathew