Q.

Who is your favorite singer (male or female) of modern times? What is so special in him/her? Which is your favorite song sung by him/her?

Tags: relationships, music, education
Asked by Muktha Radhakrishnan, 08 Feb '10 11:10 am

1.

If *or* is not compulsory .... i would like to name both gender favourites ....
Male - Mohit Chauhan .... for his excellent ability to give the songs a life .... Tum se hi (Jab we met) and Kuch khaas hai .... (Fashion)
Female - Shreya and Sunidhi both .... coz of their speciality in singing their kinda songs at the best .... Shreya for Iss pal main hoon .... (Aaja nach le) .... and Sunidhi for Kuch khaas hai .... (Fashion)
Answered by Cartoon Network, 08 Feb '10 11:39 am

(1)
 (0)

2.

Dear Muktha, glad that you used the term `Modern Times` in the question as it has given me wide scope to say something sweet (as per my nature ~~ lol) about my dear `Shreya Ghoshal`, the one and only gem who is reigning unconditionally and unquestionably the fantastic panorama of Indian film industries in these days, virtually in every regional language apart from majestic hold on Hindi Cinema. Shreya, surely is the girl who proved one thing that if you have talent and determination of doing something vital in the field of your choice, you have all doors opening up before you. She has conquered minds of millions not because of her versatility in singing, but presenting the diction of lyric in all the manners with keeping the consequences of the meaning in the mind of lyricist (this is not my observation, but it was exposed by two prominent lyricists in the field while applauding virtues in the voice of Shreya after her winning laurels at national awards). Not only because of the golden ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 08 Feb '10 11:26 pm

(1)
 (1)
3.

Hi Muktha, You had made a slight mistake by mentioning 'or' in your Q Male and female singers are two differnt categories so we cannot make choice .A good numer of singers in both categories are my favourite.So I would like to mention both the male and female singers ,separately.

Shan ,SonuNigam, Shankar mahadevan , Roop kumar Rathod, K K are all my favourite male singers and they all have unique voice and style in their singing. I have a good collection of nice melodious songs sung by all these singers which are awesome and unique.Even comparing them I find difficult as all have occupied an outstanding unique place in play back singing. Muktha, among these male singers I have a special liking for Krishnakumar Kunnath (KK) and I would like to say he is more favourite.I specially get carried away by his unique style sung songs of which many have won National awards and other Film Fare awards.

Answered by Rachana, 08 Feb '10 01:35 pm

(3)
 (0)
4.

Oflate, I am facinated by the deep, rich n thick voice of Ms Richa Sharma who has made a name for herself by singing wide varities of songs from devotional bhajans to romantic songs particularly those rendered in sufiana style.The recent one ..Sajda ve.......teri kali ankhiyoe.......sang pyar rahey, mei rahu naa rahu.........(My name is Khan )
Answered by UMESH SHARMA, 09 Feb '10 07:53 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

Shreya Ghosal
Her emotional voice
Mere dolna ----------- from Bhul Bhulayaan
Answered by Pradipta pati, 09 Feb '10 07:04 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

My modern favourite singer is Suresh Wadekar and I like him due to his melodius tune in each and every songs.

My favourite song, sung by him is " Deep Jalaya Jo Geeton ke maine , Toofan kyu kar aayeeeeeeeee
Answered by ajay, 09 Feb '10 11:33 am

(1)
 (0)
7.

Atif ..... he is having beautiful voice,,,,,meethi bahut meethi voice......and my fav song sung by him is"kuch is tarah teri palakyaan meri palakoan say ila dey..."
Answered by SHEETAL, 09 Feb '10 11:24 am

(1)
 (0)
8.

In modern times there has been a sudden sprout of singers,and even if you happen to like a certain number locating the identity of the singer would become a tough job.Hence I would prefer to stick on to Shreya,Shaan n Sonu.Shreya has a very sweet n melodious voice n one of my fav is 'barso re megha',Sonu is spl cos he renders from his heart (love him in all his songs),n Shaan is really 'shaan' ie grand n i love listening to his 'chand sifarish' n 'behti hawa sa thha wo' .
Answered by shuvra dey, 08 Feb '10 03:58 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

Shankar Mahadevan - Great commond on sur
,Shreya Ghoshal - Sings with passion
Rahul Deshpande - Natural Talent .
Answered by vilas manohar deshpande, 08 Feb '10 11:27 am

(1)
 (0)
10.

Not any favourite for alltime in Modern Times..But Sonu Nigam is good in every kind of Songs (Ramantic to sad) My Favorite of his is Tanhai from Film Dil Chahta hai..Udit Narayan also is good my favourite of his is Aye ajanabi tu bhi kabhi from Film Bombay...!! (Miss Mukta..I take this opportunity to listen my voice & put your comments on the songs sungs by me which is uploaded to my Music folder) Thanks !!
Answered by Ramesh Mistry, 08 Feb '10 11:24 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

The Kochi-Muziris Biennale is an international exhibition of contemporary art held in Kochi, Kerala. It is the first Biennale being held in India. The..more

Answered by Quest