Q.

When d concept of Cheerleaders was introduced in cricket during d 1st edition of d IPL in 2008, everyone, from cricket fans to d media, were curious about how d merger would work. & when they emerged, they shocked everyone but only for a moment. After that people didn't mind seeing woman wearing skimpy cloths and dancing in front of crowd. I consider that d concept of cheer girls is implemented by an extreme womanizer who cares nothing for d modesty of woman. Being attractive seems to be d number 1 quality as U never ever see ugly cheerleaders, you have 2 smile all of the time...UR views pl

Tags: cricket, relationships, sports
Asked by sumati gayki, 30 Mar '10 02:12 pm

1.

In the name of reformation, India is leading to a perverted world ! In one hand, India is introducing the Women's Bill and in other hand, it plays ugly, brutally with the women's physic. I can not stand with it. If most of us would have minimum sense of respect for the women, we would not allow it. It does not, in my opinion, brings more cheer for the people. Despite it, it is braught only to serve the dirty passion of some people. I do not understand if the cheer girls could be danced, why not the cheer boys as also ? Actually this is to fed and encourage pervertion of some people. You madam, have raised a serious qn and I convey my regards for that what ever opinion from different respected members are posted here. Regards.
Answered by ashis, 31 Mar '10 12:54 pm

(1)
 (1)
2.

I don't go with the concept of Cheer girl,it's very cheap indeed.......but it's all our fault, we timedly except it.....either we enjoy it or we think apna kya jata hai.......it should be protested!!
Answered by shashank sharma, 30 Mar '10 04:31 pm

(5)
 (1)
3.

Dear Sumati,
I really really value your feelings and concern on the subject. Personally even I may not approve the idea of cheerleaders.
But thinking in the larger context, we need to asses the issue practically, because :
a) The world will laugh at us if we adopt such rigid moralistic line and expect others to follow it, as in our very own country we may ban bar girls but we don't mind girls dancing in 5 star hotels in more skimpy cloths, we are also not bothered when our film heroines dance in front of the large crowd at the time of shooting and are later seen on screen ( with close ups) by millions.
b) We use aggarbattees to worship God, but in western countries it is widely sold as a product to be used for scent and aroma in your room during private moments. Even indians market their products
Answered by rajender jerath, 31 Mar '10 12:34 pm

(2)
 (1)
4.

If girls want to be cheerleaders, as long as IPL is not using goondas to force girls into doing it, let them have it. Even game shows have that concept and also yeah, Singapore Airlines ;) Nothing wrong in it.

I am NOT going to bring out names here, but I do know of women's modesty campaigners in collg days but they themselfs would have male model jockey underwears mag in their rooms. But they would go hells on wire about females in the same clothing

Cheerleaders are a Value Added Service to a show like IPL. Well, it pays, and if girls want to do it, let them. They are not being starved and caged and lashed to death are they?

It's all good. They are used in break time or to enhance the show w/a live performance....works fine. What is all this talk about "dignity" ha ha.

You lose dignity when you say something but do something else. Cheerleaders ain't running stuff 4 Dawood Bhai or Pak so it is fine they put on a show 4 da peepz.

Answered by A Moin, 30 Mar '10 08:30 pm

(1)
 (2)
5.

IPL is SHAME n BLOT on cricket also somehow..........1st of all they auction player with tagprice like as u buy cattle at pushkar mela or elsewhere than they involve GLAMOUR OF BOLLYWOOD as cheapness......and than CHEERLEADERS also came........that time ppl also feel that one side DANCE BAR has been SHUT and other side they allow cheerleaders cheap n vulgure concept also......who just dance sencelessly with bold clothes n vulgurely...........NOW u SEE AFTER MATCH PARTY also introduced................have u seen that footage in that RAMP MODEL WALK also their and so many players enjoyed it with SMOKE N DRINKS.........this also leads to DRUGS n PROSTITUTION...........and even drinks allowed in AUDIENCE also thats so SHAME................IPL means (FAST CRICKET+GLAMOUR+MONEY BUSINESS) same as horse trading...........this must be proov END of CRICKET.....................have u seen IPL 3 they break all rules( mongoose bat, even SIXES r MORE bCOZ BOUNDRY LINE get CLOSER) so more DRAMA n ...more
Answered by krunal modi, 04 Apr '10 03:38 am

(1)
 (1)
6.

I fully agree, its' sheer, pure exploitation of women who in search of their daily bread are compelled to do this show !Then, whats very agonising was to see Sexually starved fellow Indians booing, shooing, whistling at these young gals !
Answered by UMESH SHARMA, 02 Apr '10 01:05 pm

(1)
 (1)
7.

We are simply outraging modesty of women by making them dance in skimpy clothes. We do not have MALE cheer leaders in IPL. This fact is self explanatory and speaks of our mind sets.
Answered by Hemant Sane, 01 Apr '10 05:32 pm

(1)
 (1)
8.

Women liberation Organisations shd object this, Women are used in the stadium as Glamour artists.
Sad . Why NGOs are not interested to take any action? I still wonder.
Answered by hitler, 30 Mar '10 02:15 pm

(1)
 (1)
9.

The idea of cheerleaders does not come in conflict with the thrill with which one watches the match.it makes no difference.but the dignity of women is lost for ever in thick air.
Answered by sangeetha, 30 Mar '10 02:14 pm

(1)
 (1)
10.

Who cares. IPL is all about entertainment and cheerleaders are part of it.
Answered by Avtar Khalsa, 30 Mar '10 02:13 pm

(1)
 (1)

Q.

Sx4 had excellent features when compared with fiesta.I went for sx4 after comparing all the cars in my price range of 5.5-8.0 lacs feature by feature ..more

Answered by kishore