Q.

Do you favour a project which make interest among various public schools in social work?
Students from these schools going on excursion to remote villages of India to do community work ?
Will you allow your children for these type of work ?
By this way do you think our country can progress fast and villages will achieve self-sufficiency utilising their resources !?

Tags: interest, project, social work
Asked by Zain, 23 Apr '08 07:44 pm

1.

I don't have school going children but if they are accompanied by good teachers and if the work taken up is not dangerous, yes, I would allow since the children learn about rural India firsthand.
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 25 Apr '08 12:22 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

Dear Zain, Yes I would ofcourse encourage such type of work so that students are aware of people's woe's and difficulties of life. If children are made to understand the hardship of life from young age then at a later stage they will understand the realities of life. Tke care regards Cyrus
Answered by cyrus irani, 24 Apr '08 04:42 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Schools where I have worked did get the students to participate in various community development projects among the city's poorer class.
However if you think that students from Mumbai's elite schools will be allowed to go to remote villages to do any kind of work then you are living in a fool's paradise. Just like you cannot suddenly transport a villager from remote India into the Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai similarly an urban child growing up in a metro cannot be expected to live in a remote village in rural India. Cultures and environments will clash.
And by sending our children to remote villages is no way to improve life in villages. I am against it. Let the government and public sector and private sector improve connectivity in rural areas plus give them access to good education, vocational training and good medical care.. life in villages will automatically improve.
Answered by joyoti sen, 23 Apr '08 08:48 pm

(1)
 (0)

4.

I think there is nothing better than such projects for the students to learn about rural India.

I myself have gone on two shuch excursions in my school days. One to a tribal village when we were in school. For the first time we actually experienced what life was like without gas stoves or electricity and even toilets . We experienced what it was to draw water from the well for all our needs and how difficult it is to maintain human dignity when there are no toilets or bathrooms.

It opened our eyes to the reality of our country and I am all for my kids going on such an educational trip.80% of the populations lives that way even today. No better way than that for our children to learn about the real India.

Answered by EmM, 23 Apr '08 10:38 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

I do favour these activities. Students will know the real world by doing so... they also learn that all is not well in this world. and not all are previliged. By these acts we could take all us for bringing people togehter to make it a better place to live!!!
Answered by MS Prasad, 28 Apr '08 02:27 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

No doubt its a gr8 thing u r doing but as i feel in our country less good people more bad people and hence most of them will discourage u or they will creat some problem to make ur project a failure but dont losse heart as every time it was done but the ture persons always came our with flying colors in the end.
Answered by krish, 24 Apr '08 05:21 pm

(1)
 (0)
7.

As an opportunity for exposing children tov illage life and vice versa,its is a great idea...i favour these projects
as a path of progress for rural areas i am doubtful, coz students cant be deeply involved (they have their school syllabus to concentrate on)and they dont have powers and understanding to do this on theeir own
Answered by edel weiss, 24 Apr '08 02:23 pm

(1)
 (0)
8.

Yes, I do favour such project and would allow my child to participate in such social work.

I dont agree that by this way our coutry can progress fast and villages will achieve self-sufficiently utilising their resources as such projects are not conducted at frequent intervals and ever the number of participants are not huge.
Answered by Maria Dsouza, 24 Apr '08 01:00 pm

(1)
 (0)
9.

I think the idea is very good, the city bred children of today will find it interesting and educative. Also they will be able to share their experiences with the rural children and interact with them and find out how they spend their day, what do they do during leisure. Also they can attend rural school once and see the difference between the standard of education in cities and villages. Over all an excellent idea.
Answered by shona nair, 24 Apr '08 10:53 am

(1)
 (0)
10.

Most of the students who study in public schools do not know about the living conditions of remote village people. By this way students will know the reality of more than 60% people living conditions, and we may get good politicians and administrators in the next generations. Good idea. I support this.
Answered by kesireddy sreedhar, 24 Apr '08 10:21 am

(1)
 (0)

Q.

They are called games online video games played via Internet. In them, a player with a video game or computer connected to the network can play with o..more

Answered by Mickey