Q.

What are you doing to protect environment?

Asked by kalpana jaikumar, 04 Jul '07 10:54 am

1.

What Can be done to Protect the ENVIRONMENT:

# Sort out your rubbish. Organic matter e.g. potato peelings, left over food, tea leaves etc. can be transferred straight to a compost heap in the garde and used as a good, natural fertiliser for the plants. Aluminium cans, glass bottles and newspapers etc. can be taken to bottle and can banks and wastepaper skips. Find out where they are by asking your local council or library.
# Use recycled paper to help save trees. Everyone in Britain uses about 6 trees worth of paper every year.
Chlorine bleach is usually used to make newspapers and this pollutes rivers. Its better to use unbleached, recycled paper whenever you can.
# Take your old clothes to charity shops. Some are sold, others are returned to textile mills for recycling.
# Try to avoid buying plastic. It's hard to recycle. One way to cut down on plastic is to refuse to use carrier bags
Answered by LALITKUMAR RANA, 04 Jul '07 11:03 am

(0)
 (0)
2.

Anything possible
i just heard plastic bags have been banned in mumbai
one of my shopkeeper never keeps plastic bags and expects us to manage,so we remember to carry clothbags whenever we go to the shop
Answered by anil garg, 03 Jan '10 02:51 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

I am striving hard to first save the the attitude of people from getting polluted on account of materialistic tendencies and protection of our environment will automatically follow. I know it is very difficult but then someone has to adopt the difficult mode. It is not that I donot believe in planting of trees, prevention of felling of trees and other environment saving ideas - I really do favour that too and I fully endorse the views of Francis Dias, Jai Max and Lalit Kumar Rana who have so far posted positive answers to this question of yours. To sum up - what we need is a collective positive attitude for all of must not forget one important aspect- This environment is not only something that we have inherited from our forefathers we have also borrowed it from our coming generations. My Best Wishes to everyone - remain positive - spread positivity - live peacefully and let live peacefully - this should be the the mool Mantra of Life.
Answered by s k mutreja, 06 Jul '07 06:34 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

I support what Lalitkumar Rana has posted. We can do small things that add up to a lot. Switch over to CFL bulbs whenever and wherever you can. Also please teach the pseudo environmentalists. Protecting 'Vilayati Kikar' in the name of greening is one of the worst things that can happen. Vilayati Kikar, Eucalyptus and the like suck up the underground water fast and drive the water table down. These trees do not also allow undergrowth of native vegetation. We need to focus on decimating wily kikar and planting long living trees that are benign to other trees and vegetation. We cannot allow just one or two species of trees to wipe out the rest. We need to carry out much more research in creating healthy forests that generate oxygen in plenty and at the same time preserve biodiversity. Slow growing and long living tree varieties have inherent water conservation characteristics. Why waste money in planting trees that add no value. I see no reason why we cannot plant native fruit trees. I am ...more
Answered by Jai Max, 05 Jul '07 09:54 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

Karna kya..........kuch karoge to bachega kahan se
Answered by surya s, 04 Jul '07 10:57 am

(0)
 (0)
6.

Not using plastic to the extent i can
Answered by Francis Dias, 04 Jul '07 10:55 am

(0)
 (0)