Q.

One astrologer by name Harikesa Venkatraman was describing the greatness of the place Thirukkazhukkundram near chengleput in a local TV. He said, every 12 years, whenever Jupiter crosses Virgo Rasi (Probably the next year of Mahamagam) a CHUNK will appear in the chunk theertha of the temple. (He said that they kept display of such cppeared already in that theertham earlier) One has to take a holy dip in that Chunk theertha and worship Lord Siva in the foot hill of the temple. Then after performing Girivala (4 KM) one has to climb up the hill and worship Lord Siva at the top of the hill. This

Tags: years, travel, health
Asked by Kovai King, 07 Jan '10 11:05 pm
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering     Map Successfully AddedAdd Map

1.

Sai Ram. I visited that place (also called Pakshiteertham) but did not perform these rituals. Thanks for sharing.
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 07 Jan '10 11:30 pm

(0)
 (0)

2.

I have never done this and infact was not even aware of such a place, did a google on it and found an interesting legend about Thirukkazhukkundram.

According to one Hindu legend, eight Brahmaputras/rishis of the Hindu pantheon prayed to Lord Siva in order to achieve Sarupya Mukti (wherein a departed soul acquires the form of the Lord). But when Lord Shiva appeared before them to grant the boon, they changed their minds and asked for Sayujya mukti (which means oneness with the Lord or merging with the Supreme Brahman). Enraged by their deceit, Lord Shiva cursed them to be born as eagles. When they begged forgiveness, Lord Shiva gave them some liberation from the curse. They were to be born as holy eagles, two in each yugam (an epoch of the Hindu calendar) and attain Sayujya mukti by worshiping him sincerely. Thus it is believed that out of the eight Brahmaputras Sandan, Prasandan, Sampathi, Jatayu, Samburuthan, Maguthan have already attained their wish by being born as eagles and wo ...more
Answered by Global Solutions, 09 Jan '10 02:24 pm

(0)
 (0)
3.

Thanks
Answered by anil garg, 08 Jan '10 11:49 am

(0)
 (0)
4.

Thanks for the information
Answered by Reshma, 08 Jan '10 09:19 am

(0)
 (0)
5.

For a moment I thought I'd rather die than continue with this condition. Then, in total desperation, I instinctively cried out to Jesus. What then happened to me was without doubt the most beautiful experience in all my life. My mind was cleared and freed completely from my disturbing and restless thoughts and replaced by a deep peace that I had not felt in many years.
Demons had tormented me and I was freed from them from one moment to the next.
The release was so powerful that I started reading the Bible again
Answered by ptoq, 08 Jan '10 05:30 am

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Thondaimandalam is located in Pallavapuri in Tamil Nadu. Tondaimandalam was an ancient division of Tamil country comprising roughly the present distr..more

Answered by Joseph Chacko