Q.

Where is Indian lady shuttler P V Sindhu ... ??? why is she not playing along with Saina Nehwal in ongoing Badminton tournaments in and around Asia .. ???

Tags: relationships, sports, indian lady
Asked by radhika ahuja, 21 Jun '13 05:31 pm

1.

World No. 11 PV Sindhu has given the Singapore Open Super Series, which began with the qualifying rounds on Tuesday, a miss.

The Hyderabad shuttler was originally scheduled to play in last weeks Indonesia Open Super Series Premier and the Singapore Open. I was not fit enough to play these tournaments. There is no point in playing without training well, she said.

The lanky 17-year-old added: I was not feeling well after last months Sudirman Cup. I wanted to take some rest. Now, I am back to training and look forward to playing in competitions again, she said.

Sindhu played three back-to-back tournaments in April-May, finishing as a quarterfinalist in the Badminton Asia Championships,
Answered by Kaundanya, 21 Jun '13 05:44 pm

(1)
 (0)
2.

I think both Saina and Sindhu may be hardly playing any doubles matches as both are specialist singles players and good ones at that. The level of competition is much more in singles and you have to work very hard to keep up with the competition, so hardly get much time to practice doubles which require different kind of skills.
In Doubles you have to continuosly practice with your partner and develop understanding and coordination. Also, in doubles you can go more for the corner lines because if the shuttle falls outside the first sideline but in between the second exterior line then it is a valid shot, whereas in singles the first line is the sideline beyond which your shot is regarded as out. In doubles you have to be alert at the net and have to hit lot of smashes from the place around the net. However, in singles you have to cover the entire court and have to play a variety of shots from the deep end of the court, drop shots, smashes, forehands, backhands, lob shots from both nea ...more
Answered by Manoj Adwani, 21 Jun '13 05:58 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Not heard about her for long
Answered by krish, 21 Jun '13 05:49 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Hmm
Answered by APURVA GUPTA, 21 Jun '13 05:45 pm

(0)
 (0)