Q.

What would you suggest to deal with such outcasts of society who behave and talk so irresponsibly without any consideration for the sentiments of the person against whom he is spitting out so much of venom?

Economic Times, Passenger spews venom on Muslim flight attendant
5 Dec 2008, 0950 hrs IST, TNN, Link - http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/37 95567.cms

MUMBAI: A Jet Airways cabin crew was a victim of hate speech when a passenger enquired about her religion & unleashed a tirade on how members of her community were responsible for the Mumbai terror attack.

Asked by Omega, 10 Dec '08 01:47 pm

1.

Loudmouthed bigots exist everywhere including here on Q&A, nothing anyone can do will change that. Since the beginning of time there have been those who will tar everyone with the same brush just because of the actions of a minority. Sad but true. The behaviour of the air passenger was dispicable and most sane people will recognise that and treat it with the distain it deserves. In my opinion people who start casting blame on a whole community because of the misguided actions of a few are no better themselves because they are whipping up emotions adding fuel to the fire. Terrorists do not belong anywhere - they have abandoned their homeland and heritage and abandoned the pure teachings of their religion - they are a breed apart and we should recognise that. That's the bottom line as far as I am concerned. In the case of this passenger, the Captain should have arranged for him to be removed from the aircraft and dealt with by airport security.
Answered by Janis, 10 Dec '08 07:19 pm

(6)
 (0)
2.

No matter what our feelings are within, they should not be expressed in public, especially when the person being verbally attacked is not responsible. Although let me add that had the passenger met the terrorist Kasab and abused him on his face , then he would have been justified.
Answered by joyoti sen, 13 Dec '08 11:28 am

(2)
 (0)
3.

It is wrong to blame all Muslims for Terrorism------The foolish passenger has done a hate crime by unleashing a tirade on innocent Muslim woman-----the reaction of terrorism made him to behave so irresponsibly--------his mind was in so much of agitated mode-----certainly his action to be condemned-------as per Law.-------------------------------------In my view already people are much worried due to news of terrorist attacks----and the media news spreads further hatred among ppl. irresponsibly.-----Let us not follow suit.
Answered by anantharaman, 10 Dec '08 04:14 pm

(2)
 (0)
4.

I clicked on the link you gave and I was appaled to read what transpired between the passenger and the hapless girl. For the folly of few the whole community must suffer is something rediculous. I wonder there is any law to tackle such behaviour.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 10 Dec '08 02:03 pm

(2)
 (0)
5.

Isnt it just one side of the story? i know that the minorities in any nation are faced with opression,repression and humiliation,but it can happen with any person of any religion....biases,prejudices,communalism...all have sprung from this global society of ours and we cant pin point one and accuse....cause i firmly believe,there is other side of the story....though none of such ghastly acts can be justified and forgiven....there isnt much that can be done to either stop them,or talk sense and rationality into such individuals....i am of a firm opinion dat a lay man is either a sufferer or a scapegoat...the real evil lies elsewhere and needs to be dealt with far more seriousness than visibly done by the ruling machineries of different countries....getting judgemental,and losing cool is the easiest thing to do...but to nail the problem and beat it to pulp is something which oft gets forgotten and shoved under the carpet,for good!!
Answered by shintsie, 11 Dec '08 12:35 pm

(10)
 (0)
6.

If this gentleman is so eager to prove himself as a "badass", well, as a leader, I'll happily oblige...since this fellow's on fire, I'll just calmly send him over to Dras or Uri, and have him hand me a body of a terrorist in 72 hours....or become a test subject to a biological experiment like Unit 731 in WWII.

Seriously, I thought we indisciplined Guevara Brigades youth fighting for our rights to paaaarrrrrtttttttttyyyyy in college campuses by appearing to exams in a waterbottle containing straight shot proletariat grade vodka were bad...but this guy has more or less personified the picture dictionary definition of PATHETIC.

I wonder what prevented the airhostess from saying "none of your f*******g" business when inquired about her religion. But chicken hawks like this one give buffalo skinned primates like me some good laughs....some target practice for my cerebrum....but alas, I can imagine how a dignified woman would feel against abusive verbal barrage.
Answered by A Moin, 10 Dec '08 09:08 pm

(3)
 (0)
7.

Direct handover to the police and public impeachment. Besides, Airlines, Bus services or train services, wherever an identity is required, such people should be blacklisted for entry itself.
Answered by manish varma, 10 Dec '08 04:52 pm

(3)
 (0)
8.

I can understand the feelings and sentiments of people frm both the sides he had aggression and she was victim of it as she was of muslim origin , well he shudnt have spitted tht much of venom on her , he shud have acted responsibly knowing tht being frm tht caste doesnt mean tht she is responsible fr terror attacks .. and people frm same religion vary as per their work thts it , he shud have kept his calm n thres no point speking tht way wth one female or male , apology frm the passenger should b asked fr the cabin crew gal
Answered by parul advani, 10 Dec '08 04:03 pm

(3)
 (0)
9.

I think the question and disrespect the passenger has shown are two different issues. Terrorism is a different problem, a bit complexed by our own way of dealings.There is a solution and going for a direct war is not the one.I see its a defeat of out statesmanship as we are unable to present our points strongly on the world stage in order to attack and destroy militant outfits at PoK.What can we do is to negotiate a peace with Pakistan...with the understanding that the real enemy is not each other but rather the terrorists.Its also a time to think for a practicle solution on the issue of Kashmir.Let's accept the truth that the current LoC is the real border because we have already loosed so many things to win a piece of land.........there are some other solutions too but the leadership of both the countries is not willing to work for a permanent solution.Kashmir, from the beginning has been an issue to arouse emotions in Pakistan as well as India.The leadershir from both sides are piss ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 10 Dec '08 04:52 pm

(2)
 (1)
10.

This is really ridiculous. What she can do or her religion. It is pity. We must control on our sentiments. Its her country too and he have no authority to tell her like that. See sir, because of these terrorism and so-called jihaad...many of the people from religion suffering mentally and physically. And now a days people losing their sence to know reality too. Its a pity and shamefull situation in our country as you said. We must unit together above classism and castism to face these kind of attacks on our country. India is not belongs to any particular caste or community. Its for all indian citizens. All must recognize this truth.
Answered by peekay first, 10 Dec '08 02:11 pm

(2)
 (0)

Q.

No I haven't experienced that in fact I think most cabin crews carry out their job in a very professional manner. The only problems I have experienc..more

Answered by Janis