Q.

Giving to the poor brings some of God's greatest blessings...what is ur take on that line and how much your least support to them?

Asked by divya, 05 Mar '09 08:34 pm

1.

Yes, this is what hindu mythology conveys and we all believe in. Belief is faith/trust and faith has no scientific explanation or reasoning and is beyond the scope of ifs and buts. Any action on our part , be it good or bad, ignites our conscious and soul. An activity not supported by our conscious gets classified as bad or negative while the one having the support of our conscious will be termed as positive, construtive and good. Pursuing a good cause thrills our conscious and connects us to the God through our soul. All human beings including the poor are his creatures and service to the poor in any form or manner , according to God , is in reality the service of God which gets rewarded in the form of his blessings further inspiring us to proceed for more. In fact this is a cycle and once one gets into this he or she does not wantingly come out of this heaven and devote their lives for such nobel cause. Therefore not only I but every one supports this undisputedly.
Answered by om sharma, 06 Mar '09 12:19 am

(2)
 (0)
2.

Just giving some money is not giving . First thing in giving is politeness . Anyone can be polite to a king. It takes a gentleman to be polite to a beggar .
Its told give a man fish , he will eat for the day , teach him how to fish , he will eat lifelong. Deep down inside us, we all know that the most important thing in life is much more than winning for ourselves.
The most important thing in this life is to help others to win. Even if that means slowing down and changing our own race.
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give and make others smile . Believe me , then god will also smile and salute you from core of his heart
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 06 Mar '09 11:08 am

(1)
 (0)
3.

Sai Ram. The same God dwells in the giver, the receiver and the act of giving. Money or other materials and service flow like water from one person to another. The giver, the act of giving, the given (money etc.) and the receiver - all are pervaded by the same God. Sai Ram.
Answered by Venkateswaraswamy Swarna, 05 Mar '09 09:43 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Giving to the poor doesnt bring much. Making them independent makes a lot of difference
Answered by Saj Sierra, 05 Mar '09 09:24 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

The word 'poor' has many connotations for me. Hence when I say poor, it need not be financially poor.
A person can be psychologically or intellectually or socially poor too. Hence lending a sympathetic ear to someone who needs emotional support is my idea of helping the poor. You may or may not agree with me but that is how I look at helping the 'poor'.
Answered by joyoti sen, 05 Mar '09 09:18 pm

(1)
 (0)
6.

Its true...............try to help poor people............as much as we can.............give them love and happiness
Answered by Prasoon Sinha, 05 Mar '09 08:48 pm

(1)
 (0)

7.

There is this tamil quote 'yezhaiyin sirippil iraivanai kanden" - meaning we can see God in the smile of a poor person..... and i firmly believe in it..... helping poor in any way...be it in material or education has always been an important part of our lives from the time i was a school girl.....and no celebration ...be it birthdays, anniversaries or festivals go without some kind of donation, food etc for the local center for destitute children .... I believe that more than giving in kind...education is the best gift one can give and we make it a point to atleast bear the expenses of education for few children.... all this we do, not because of the thot that we wud be blessed in return but do it as a thanks that we have already been blessed with so much....
Answered by sumitha, 05 Mar '09 09:01 pm

(2)
 (1)
8.

If I happen to help some poor or needy then I do so quite unconciously and not with an idea that it would invoke God's blessings. If I have to help them I would continue to do so regardless of fact whether it invokes God's blessings for me or not.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 05 Mar '09 08:53 pm

(2)
 (0)
9.

Since you cordially invited God in this question, then there is no escape but to follow the assumption that God is watching us if we give sufficiently to poor so as to make their living bearable to some extent. Well, there is, simply, no denial that we should give the poor as per our might or resources. But I am of the opine that this should not become a compulsory condition in living in the society. From ancient period there we always witness two types of class : Rich and Poor. I dont think those who have become rich, had been showered with the wealth by the God Himself. No, that cannot be the case as each and every one under that category has earned that status by devoting his strength and proving his ability in accumulating and acquiring that status. But this is not the case of poor who live on alms only. They never ever seem trying to change their life style and wish to continue only in the present day as poor and expecting they should be fed by the riches in the society. I believe ...more
Answered by Indra Pawar, 07 Mar '09 06:17 am

(1)
 (0)
10.

I would write very simple & straight in few words .." those who serve creatures of GOD well, serves GOD well " ..the saying goes exact with time tested chronicles ...so you have given a very rightful opinion & I totally subscribe to this view.
Answered by rocky robust, 06 Mar '09 12:55 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Answered by Om Shrivastava